Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Playlists can only show songs that I like.

So when I play Global Top 50 or Hip-Hop Central it only shows the song that I like.

• Casual Listener
  • So when I play Global Top 50 or Hip-Hop Central it only shows the song that I like.
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes on laptop for 5-10 seconds

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceACER Aspire 10 months oldOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue It freezes unannaounced stopping music. I have to wait or refresh. It happens on both ACER laptops I own. On 2 separate WiFis. One is a business Wif...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country Spain Device ACER Aspire 10 months old Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  It freezes unannaounced stopping music. I have to wait or r...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist keeps editing by itself.

PlanPremiumCountryRomania DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueMy playlist keeps editing by itself, i don't know why.i've added lots of songs into 1 playlist, and i've just started my pc today to see that some songs which i added a l...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Romania  Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue My playlist keeps editing by itself, i don't know why. i've added lots of songs into 1 playlist...
  • k1NNd
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't view downloaded playlists

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have playlists downloaded but I can't load them because the playlists' creator deleted his account. How can I view/play these songs, the playlists are still there but when I click on them no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have playlists downloaded but I can't load them because the playlists' creator deleted his account. How can...
  • Idgit
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Player when phone is locked

Hello, Yesterday when I first locked the phone and looked at the player it had some great colors that were most likely the colors of the album of the song that was playing.Unfortunately, shortly after I installed an update (EMUI 9.0.0.160, the phone ...

• Hello,   Yesterday when I first locked the phone and looked at the player it had some great colors that were most likely the colors of the album of the song that was playing. Unfortunately, s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is not download my playlist.

PlanPremiumCountry IsraelDevice(Samsung Galaxy 8, )Operating System(Android 8.0, Windows 7 PC) My Question or Issue well. I created new playlist and when I clicked download its stuck ib "downloading 0%"after few minutes its stopping.. and the weirdes...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Israel Device (Samsung Galaxy 8, ) Operating System (Android 8.0, Windows 7 PC)   My Question or Issue  well. I created new playlist and when I ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont play songs that arent saved in favorite songs

FreeCountry ColombiaDeviceHG desktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Well i am here just to say that spotify has been annoying me refusing to play songs that arent on my favorite songs list, yes i've tried reinstalling, clean ...

•   Free Country  Colombia Device HG desktop computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Well i am here just to say that spotify has been annoying me refu...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Screen tearing?

PremiumCountry United StatesDeviceDesktop ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or Issue Spotify is having issues with displaying the tab as a whole and ends up showing parts of the screen in places where my mouse resides.

• Premium Country  United States Device Desktop Computer Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue  Spotify is having issues with displaying the tab as a whole and ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding all music to a playlist

lanPremiumCountry DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I currently have a large number of songs in my library. It seems the only way to share them is to create a playlist. I have a couple specialized lists, but is there a way t...

• Regular
  • lan Premium Country   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I currently have a large number of songs in my library.  It seems the only way to...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs won't play?

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacbookOperating SystemWindows 10 (bootcamp) My Question or Issue Some songs is blacked out and it won't play? I tried nearly everything, re-installing, logging out, logging back in, turning off all proxies, firewalls, etc. I...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Macbook Operating System Windows 10 (bootcamp)   My Question or Issue  Some songs is blacked out and it won't play? I tried nearly everything, r...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

mre2020

Cudos! Just checked in early February 2019 and love LOVE Love the new lime highlight for adding songs to (and they're position within) playlists.

• Cudos! Just checked in early February 2019 and love LOVE Love the new lime highlight for adding songs to (and they're position within) playlists.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas con la reproduccion en pc Windows

El reproductor cambia rápidamente de cancion, no puedo escuchar ninguna cancion en mi PC porque se reproducen rápidamente sin posibilidad de dejar una canción fija. Esto pasa solamente en mi PC en mi celular va bien. Ya intente todo cerrar sesión, in...

• El reproductor cambia rápidamente de cancion, no puedo escuchar ninguna cancion en mi PC porque se reproducen rápidamente sin posibilidad de dejar una canción fija. Esto pasa solamente en mi PC en mi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Play/Pause controls don't work unless desktop overlay is enabled

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceEvery Win10 desktop and laptop I useOperating SystemWin10 My Question or Issue Version 1.0.99.250, Windows 10 For months now Spotify will not respond to Play/Pause controls from my bluetooth headset (Anker SoundBud Slims) ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Every Win10 desktop and laptop I use Operating System Win10   My Question or Issue   Version 1.0.99.250, Windows 10   For months now ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Synchronization problems between Android and Win 10 App

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDevice(Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Windows PC)Operating System(Android Oreo, Windows 10) My Question or Issue I often noticed that the Spotify Windows 10 app doesn't synchronize with my Android app. For example, I have "I beg you...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device (Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Windows PC) Operating System (Android Oreo, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue   I often noticed that the S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Radio Missing

PlanPremium CountrySweden Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe radio feature on the playlists seems to be gone. How can I get them back?I read that "Spotify Radio has been removed from the free, ad-supported service on mobile. ". The cl...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium   Country Sweden   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The radio feature on the playlists seems to be gone. How can I get them back? I read that ...
  • MichaelaPeclova
  • 17 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 19 likes

[All Platforms] Bring Back The Endless Artist/Album/Song Radios

Plan: Premium FamilyCountry: ATDevice: ALLOperating System: ALLa few weeks ago the artist/album/song radios changed to playlistsand they STOP AT THE ENDwhat the he!! spotify?can't even start a radio from a "radio playlist"this is like the main featur...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium Family Country: AT Device: ALL Operating System: ALL a few weeks ago the artist/album/song radios changed to playlists and they STOP AT THE END what the he!! spotify? 😠 can't e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Feel good friday not updating

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceWindows 10 / Android - Samsung S8 (Oreo) My Question or Issue My Feel good Friday playlist is stuck since 13-12-18. I have unfollowed it, re followed it, unfollowed and restarted... Out of ideas.

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Windows 10 / Android - Samsung S8 (Oreo)  My Question or Issue  My Feel good Friday playlist is stuck since 13-12-18. I have unfollowed it, re fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Strongly dislike getting all the albums added to my playlist when clicking play on recent one

PlanFree/PremiumOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI strongly dislike getting all the albums added to my playlist when clicking play on recent one. I.e. if an artist has albums from 1990 - 2010, clickining play in the album list on an albu...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I strongly dislike getting all the albums added to my playlist when clicking play on recent one. I.e. if an artist has a...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Entire playlist adds itself to queue on startup

PlanPremiumCountry USDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Anytime I start up Spotify one specific playlist automatically adds itself to my queue so if I want to listen to any music I have to go into the queue and clear it or I will...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Anytime I start up Spotify one specific playlist automatically adds itself to my queue ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[HELP] For some people who can't load musics

Okay, so I would like to help some people, because i saw a lot of people in my situation, if you can't play any song (out of some playlists) on your computer BUT you can listen to them on a phone then try that: 1st: Open your notepad as an administra...

• Regular
  • Okay, so I would like to help some people, because i saw a lot of people in my situation, if you can't play any song (out of some playlists) on your computer BUT you can listen to them on a phone the...
  • Jeremy1Brusa
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes