Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Songs Won't Show Up in Desktop Playlist

Hello,So I reinstalled the Spotify Windows Desktop app today, and when I logged in, all of the songs I had saved in all of my playlists are gone. I checked the iOS app, and as far as I can tell, they're all there, but all completely gone on desktop. ...

• Regular
  • Hello, So I reinstalled the Spotify Windows Desktop app today, and when I logged in, all of the songs I had saved in all of my playlists are gone. I checked the iOS app, and as far as I can tell, th...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Problems

Howdy,I am having some trouble with shuffling a playlist. I have seen similar topics but none with helpful answers. PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I had a playlist full with some albums and songs that...

• Howdy, I am having some trouble with shuffling a playlist. I have seen similar topics but none with helpful answers.   Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows Operating System Windows 1...
  • jeffherr7
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not work after re install.

Hello!I have had spotify premium on my win 10 64-bit PC for a long time now. Never encountered a problem.Last week i realised there were some songs that i could not play on my desktop version of spotify even though they could be played on my iPhone. ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello! I have had spotify premium on my win 10 64-bit PC for a long time now. Never encountered a problem. Last week i realised there were some songs that i could not play on my desktop ver...
  • raferi001
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cannot play
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts playing songs and changes currently playing song on its own

PlanPremium DeviceAcer Aspire 5Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI first noticed this about two weeks ago but it didn't bother me then. But random playlists started appearing in my recently played that I couldn't have been listening to (...

• Plan Premium  Device Acer Aspire 5 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I first noticed this about two weeks ago but it didn't bother me then. But random  playlis...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify not loading anything

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceWindows 10, Android, & Chrome Web Player So the problem started on the desktop app (win 10) with certain new songs I looked up not playing. Then I noticed that they weren't showing up in the Library even though when I go t...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Windows 10, Android, & Chrome Web Player   So the problem started on the desktop app (win 10) with certain new songs I looked up not playing...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlists missing songs

Since yesterday, all of my playlists songs are missing. I have tried reinstalling and everything but still nothing. What could be the cause of this and how can I fix it?

• Casual Listener
  •   Since yesterday, all of my playlists songs are missing. I have tried reinstalling and everything but still nothing. What could be the cause of this and how can I fix it?  
  • Yuta-
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffling playlists

Hello, I would like to ask if there is an option to Shuffle songs in playlistsI don't mean the shuffle button at the bottom of the screen, i mean an actual shuffle button that shuffles the songs in the playlist.

• Casual Listener
  •    Hello, I would like to ask if there is an option to Shuffle songs in playlists I don't mean the shuffle button at the bottom of the screen, i mean an actual shuffle button that shuffle...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music does not play

I am a free account but I made another account to see if the one I've been using was just bugged and I still had the same issuing after signing it up to premium for free. My issue is that no song will play whenever I attempt to play a song/playlist/a...

• I am a free account but I made another account to see if the one I've been using was just bugged and I still had the same issuing after signing it up to premium for free. My issue is that no song wil...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop search results different from web, android app

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceWindows Laptop/Desktop App, Samsung Galaxy 8, Chrome My Question or Issue Search results appear to vary between app. For instance, when searching "Mike Gordon' on the desktop app I'm shown that there is an artist match, bu...

•   Plan Premium Country USA   Device Windows Laptop/Desktop App, Samsung Galaxy 8, Chrome      My Question or Issue  Search results appear to vary between app....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Username suddenly changed from my name to a mess of letters and numbers

Windows 10 PC My Question or Issue My spotify account was created a long time ago through Facebook, I never had an issue with my username, it was set as my actual name, and my profile pic was the same as my facebook. (depicted in second photo)However...

Untitled.png Untitled1.png
  • Visitor
  •   Windows 10 PC   My Question or Issue   My spotify account was created a long time ago through Facebook, I never had an issue with my username, it was set as my actual name, ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

i can't play music on spofity, but not the problem that has been discussed, FREE, not premium

PlanFreeCountry Hong KongDeviceN/AOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe problem is i can't play music on Window Spotify, when i clicked the song i want, it showed nothing and the pic of the song turned to nothing, most of the new songs o...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  Hong Kong Device N/A Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The problem is i can't play music on Window Spotify, when i clicked the song i want, it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

A lot of songs wont play/find friends not working

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceDesktop, ipad and samsung galaxy s7Operating SystemWindows 10, ios and android My Question or Issue for about 4 months now ive had the problem where a lot of songs wont play for me, i click play and it stops the song...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Desktop, ipad and samsung galaxy s7 Operating System Windows 10, ios and android   My Question or Issue  for about 4 months now...
  • lobbie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify Won't Play Some Songs

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8 My Question or Issue Spotify has stopped playing music that isn't already added to my playlist. For example: I can no longer go to an artist's page and play to the top track ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States of America Device PC Operating System Windows 8   My Question or Issue  Spotify has stopped playing music that isn't already added to my playlis...
  • KMOX4
  • Roadie
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes

Random songs

Okay so this happens to me at least once a week. Sometimes, I leave the spotify app on windows open, I'm not playing any music or anything, I just got distracted by other things. Then out of no where, music starts to play, not only that it's songs th...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay so this happens to me at least once a week. Sometimes, I leave the spotify app on windows open, I'm not playing any music or anything, I just got distracted by other things. Then out of no where...
  • brege2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Another another "Spotify Not Playing Music" Problem

So the problem is Spotify will not play any local music files, radio, or any music at all.I thoght the problem is on my account and i've tried it on my phone and it works will.I unistalled and did a fresh install, didn't work.I've tried the usual dis...

Capture.JPG
  • So the problem is Spotify will not play any local music files, radio, or any music at all. I thoght the problem is on my account and i've tried it on my phone and it works will. I unistalled a...
  • FelipeTesta
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Troubleshooting
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why is my spotify often so slow?

I open spotify, let it load for a bit and when I try to search for an artist, the whole program lags ridiculously. Won't let me search, and when it does search, loads them so slowly. Albums for the artist take several minutes to load and then they st...

• Casual Listener
  • ...low and laggy? I have the latest public version, Windows 8. Restarting it doesn't help the issue. I often have to wait it out a couple hours.
  • Riverbank_Hank
  • Music Fan
  • 98 replies
  • 82 likes
  • 98 replies
  • 82 likes

Spotiamp bricht ab

PlanPremiumCountryGermanDeviceDestop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Ich lasse Spotify über den Spotiamb 0.2.1 laufen. Die Musik bricht so nach wenigen Sekunden ab. Ich habe bereits alles neu Installiert, so wie es hier auch in ande...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country German Device Destop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Ich lasse Spotify über den Spotiamb 0.2.1 laufen. Die Musik bricht so nach...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now" error on both my Windows PCs

PlanPremiumCountry BelgiumDeviceDesktop computer and a laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play anything, including my Discover Weekly playlist, on either of my Windows 10 PCs, I get the message "Spotify can't play...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Belgium Device Desktop computer and a laptop Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue  Whenever I try to play anything, including my Discover We...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't play songs on the Artist's pages since weeks.

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Operating SysWindows 10 Hello Spotify community, since few weeks i have to download Spotify everyday couse i noticed that after a while I downloaded it (one or two days) the Album Song's or the Artist's pages doesn't even st...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Operating Sys Windows 10   Hello Spotify community,  since few weeks i have to download Spotify everyday couse i noticed that after a while I do...
  • KMOX4
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes