Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[Windows] Universal App for Windows 10 (UWP)

Masaüstü uygulamamda önce hata kodu 4 (çevrimdışı modu)'nu aldım . Ardından önerilen DNS ayarlarını uyguladım fakat sonuç değişmedi. Uygulamayı kaldırıp tekrar yüklemek zorunda kalmama rağmen bu sefer de hata kodu 7 bildirimini aldım ve hesabıma gire...

• Masaüstü uygulamamda önce hata kodu 4 (çevrimdışı modu)'nu aldım . Ardından önerilen DNS ayarlarını uyguladım fakat sonuç değişmedi. Uygulamayı kaldırıp tekrar yüklemek zorunda kalmama rağmen bu sefe...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Daily Mix, no new music

I have six Daily Mix lists, all of them very good and useful. However, they do not include music from the last few years. I play recent music, and have a great number of playlists with artists like Ed Sheeran, Selena Gomez, Camila Cabillo. How can I ...

• I have six Daily Mix lists, all of them very good and useful.  However, they do not include music from the last few years.  I play recent music, and have a great number of playlists with ar...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to queue a playlist?

How can I queue a playlist after my current queue? It was available in 0.9 as "choose as current playlist", but I had to upgrade since it no longer works with connect.Is there a trick to it, or is this feature still not available in new versions of t...

• Roadie
  •   How can I queue a playlist after my current queue? It was available in 0.9 as "choose as current playlist", but I had to upgrade since it no longer works with connect. Is there a trick to it...
  • taedium
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs completely gone on desktop windows app

PlanFreeCountryUnited KingdomDeviceDesktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10 My IssueI launched the desktop app a day or two ago, and only then i stumbled upon the problem. There is no music on the app, also when I try to play the music, it will hig...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country United Kingdom Device Desktop computer Operating System Windows 10   My Issue I launched the desktop app a day or two ago, and only then i stumbled upon the p...
  • faerlie
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Text encoding bug

PlanPremiumCountry USA DeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueKaiser Chiefs biography text is showing to what I assume are localization/encoding issues:Kaiser Chiefs Biography

image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA   Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Kaiser Chiefs biography text is showing to what I assume are localization/en...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

DIO Songs not on Spotify

I've been recenty getting back into DIO, and came to the old reliable Spotify, only to find NONE OF THEIR MUSIC! I'm on Windows 10, and am using Spotify Version: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 To recreate my issue, one would simply go to the search bar, and fin...

•   I've been recenty getting back into DIO, and came to the old reliable Spotify, only to find NONE OF THEIR MUSIC!  I'm on Windows 10, and am using Spotify Version: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f2...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My music is gone

So, to start off, I use spotify for free. My computer runs on Windows 7.Now, to the issue. Well, it's actually two issues. The first issue is that music won't play. Only the music from my playlists plays, but nothing else. So, I look online for answe...

• Casual Listener
  • So, to start off, I use spotify for free. My computer runs on Windows 7. Now, to the issue. Well, it's actually two issues. The first issue is that music won't play. Only the music from my playlis...
  • scarlett-star
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs won't play (mostly new songs)

PlanFree DeviceLenovo LaptopWindows 10 My Question or Issue Certain songs are unable to play. They are highlighted green when I select them but a gray disc is in the corner instead of the cover, and the time bar does not move. This mainly occurs for ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free   Device Lenovo Laptop Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Certain songs are unable to play. They are highlighted green when I select them but a gray disc is in the co...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Track info missing in All Out 00s created by Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDesktop applicationOperating SystemWindows 10Software Version1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 My Question or Issue Many tracks in the All Out 00s are not being displayed when I open the playlist. The music does play when I start the tr...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device Desktop application Operating System Windows 10 Software Version 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25   My Question or Issue  Many tracks in the All Out 0...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app state overrided my dektop spotify previous state when i change from one to the other

Each time that I change from spotify phone to spotify desktop, the desktop previous "state" (song/list/random option/etc...) is overriden by the spotfy phone "state" so i lost the list/song/queue or random config I was playing on my desktop before......

• Roadie
  • Each time that I change from spotify phone to spotify desktop, the desktop previous "state" (song/list/random option/etc...) is overriden by the spotfy phone "state" 😞 so i lost the list/song/q...
  • cookiematt
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Thank you for returning the Playlist Radio buttons!

It only took community outrage and my 10 year old account getting banned, but it was worth it! But seriously, thanks for listening and bringing it back. Please try not to randomly remove features if possible

•   It only took community outrage and my 10 year old account getting banned, but it was worth it!   But seriously, thanks for listening and bringing it back.  Please try not to rando...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search my local music library and add to Spotify (Not import MP3, but find them online)

Premium / Australia / Win10 Pro 1803 / Spotify Store 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 (Windows Store version) My QuestionI have the exact same question as this poster: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Get-my-local-music-on-Spotify-Not-import-MP3-but-find-...

• Premium / Australia / Win10 Pro 1803 / Spotify Store 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 (Windows Store version)     My Question I have the exact same question as this poster:  https://...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Library Artists Folder

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceDesktop (Windows)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn the artists folder under Your Library before the update it showed every artist that you've saved a song from but now its just showing the ones I follow and ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device Desktop (Windows) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In the artists folder under Your Library before the update it showed every art...
  • Anto1ne
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify won't play, multiple devices

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceWindows 10 (multiple systems), AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 (multiple systems), Android My Question or IssueAs of this morning, I can't use spotify on any device. If I attempt to listen to a specific song, it doesn't ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Windows 10 (multiple systems), Android Operating System Windows 10 (multiple systems), Android   My Question or Issue As of this morning, I can't ...
  • Greybird
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play any song

Hello, around 2 weeks ago (or 1), my spotify started going a little crazy. I could only play songs from my favorite songs. If i tried something that wasnt in my library, it would have a black cd and wouldnt play. Only way that i could play that song ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, around 2 weeks ago (or 1), my spotify started going a little crazy. I could only play songs from my favorite songs. If i tried something that wasnt in my library, it would have a black cd and ...
  • roybreaker
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No funciona el buscador de música

mi Spotify falla al intentar buscar musicaPlanPremiumCountry MexicoDevicehp elite X3Operating Systemwindows phone 10 My Question or Issue no funciona el buscador de musica... siempre me dice que intente con otras palabras

• mi Spotify falla al intentar buscar musica Plan Premium Country  Mexico Device hp elite X3 Operating System windows phone 10   My Question or Issue  no funciona el buscador ...
  • Flaconacho
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! I can't play any music

PlanFreeCountry PolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't play ant music. I tried wverything - reinstalls actually i did everything form this https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/My-spotify-won-t-play-anything/td-p/...

•   Plan Free Country  Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't play ant music. I tried wverything - reinstalls actually i did everything fo...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Friend Activity Frozen

PlanFree/PremiumCountry: USA DeviceMacbook Pro late 2013 and iMac 2014 Operating SystemMac Mojave My Question or IssueFriend Activity is frozen on both my computers using the app (mac laptop and desktop at work). It's been frozen for at least two day...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country: USA   Device Macbook Pro late 2013 and iMac 2014  Operating System Mac Mojave   My Question or Issue Friend Activity is frozen on both my c...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Play Anything on my Computer, PC App and Web Player don't Work

Plan PremiumFree/PremiumCountry USA Device Asus ROG Windows 10 LaptopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I've seen that other people are having this problem as well, but I'd like to make my own thread for it. Ever since yesterday, Spotif...

• Plan Premium Free/Premium Country USA   Device Asus ROG Windows 10 Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I've seen that other people are having this proble...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! All of my music has disapear

I don't know where my music his gone.. PlanPremiumCountry FranceOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify VersionDesktop

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know where my music his gone..   Plan Premium Country  France Operating System Windows 10 Spotify Version Desktop 
  • Reiika
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes