Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Not access with Windows 10

Hi, I'm using Windows 10 from few days. I downloaded Spotify but, after I put my username and password, I can not click above "access". So, I can not use Spotify.Why? Can you help me please?Thanks so muchBye!Lorenzo

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using Windows 10 from few days. I downloaded Spotify but, after I put my username and password, I can not click above "access". So, I can not use Spotify. Why? Can you help me please? ...
  • llorenc78
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing Feature changed?

Did you spotify recently discontinue the feature for letting us send private messages and music on the spotify platform? It seems like now we can only share things on to our facebook page

• Visitor
  • Did you spotify recently discontinue the feature for letting us send private messages and music on  the spotify platform? It seems like now we can only share things on to our facebook page
  • somethnlikethat
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify can't play first song in saved songs, it pauses playback instead

So, this issue is simple. I can't select first song in "saved songs". Spotify, instead of starting to play first song, pauses playback. I can select with "play" button all songs but first one.

• Casual Listener
  • So, this issue is simple. I can't select first song in "saved songs". Spotify, instead of starting to play first song, pauses playback. I can select with "play" button all songs but first one.
  • Derfmerfall
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

laptop help

i im trying to figure out why i cant download to my laptop for offline listening,,but i can on my phone,,,,help

• Casual Listener
  • i im trying to figure out why i cant download to my laptop for offline listening,,but i can on my phone,,,,help
  • labelscollected
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify In-App Chat Missing

So, I noticed recently that I couldn't seem to find a way to access my old Spotify messages. How can I do this? Is it still possible? I had a lot of songs registered through my message log, and it would be a real shame to lose them.

• So, I noticed recently that I couldn't seem to find a way to access my old Spotify messages. How can I do this? Is it still possible? I had a lot of songs registered through my message log, and it wo...
  • renee228
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify STILL slow

Spotify team. Your desktop app SUCKS. I've read possibly all of the posts in the forms about why is it so slow and how to make it better, but they do not work, and if they do, then only for a short time. And it is not my laptop's fault, I have a very...

• Spotify team. Your desktop app SUCKS. I've read possibly all of the posts in the forms about why is it so slow and how to make it better, but they do not work, and if they do, then only for a short t...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Sharing music

Sharing a song (with the SpoFi app) on twitter has changed. I only see a link (to the song) and #nowplaying. Before you could also see the artist and name of song. Please fix this

• Sharing a song (with the SpoFi app) on twitter has changed.   I only see a link (to the song) and #nowplaying. Before you could also see the artist and name of song. Please fix this 🙂
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume Fluctuates while facebook scrolling

I have spotify playing (premium) most times I'm online and while I am scrolling through Facebook the volume of the music I am listening to will drop drastically sporadically. I can find no setting that controls this. Anyone else having this issue or ...

• I have spotify playing (premium) most times I'm online and while I am scrolling through Facebook the volume of the music I am listening to will drop drastically sporadically. I can find no setting th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Message "This song is not available"

Hi,I'm on a Premium account and I cannot play any song on my PC.I get this message for every song "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" any one can help on this? much appreciated

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm on a Premium account and I cannot play any song on my PC. I get this message for every song "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"   an...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discovery weekly not updating

Hey!My spotify weekly havent updated in 9 days now what is wrong?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! My spotify weekly havent updated in 9 days now what is wrong?
  • mirt40
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What's up with local files management?

I've setup a cloud account so I can sync my local files accross my home and computer pc's, everything's working fine until from nowhere spotify started removing my local files without any criteria despite they were on the same exact place as before a...

• Casual Listener
  • I've setup a cloud account so I can sync my local files accross my home and computer pc's, everything's working fine until from nowhere spotify started removing my local files without any criteria de...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs not playing after I downladed latest Spotify version

HELP! Spotify desktop on my laptop using windows seems to not work properly after I downloaded the latest version. I'm a Premium member paying £9.99 a month for a product that now doesn't work.I've re-installed Spotify etc and it still doesn't work w...

• Casual Listener
  • HELP! Spotify desktop on my laptop using windows seems to not work properly after I downloaded the latest version. I'm a Premium member paying £9.99 a month for a product that now doesn't work. I've...
  • GWILROBERTS
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[WINDOWS] Don't have an option for autoplay

Hi all,after one update Spotify client asked me if I want autoplay (that blue notification at the top). I didn't want it at that time so I selected no. Problem is... that now I want to have it back but simple don't have that option. I checked the sol...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, after one update Spotify client asked me if I want autoplay (that blue notification at the top). I didn't want it at that time so I selected no. Problem is... that now I want to have it back...
  • kbaaa
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot edit playlist cover art

Hi all,I keep trying to edit my playlist cover art, however whenever I select an image spotify always say "failed to upload image please try again".I have attempted this several times, even uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing ever changes and i...

• Hi all, I keep trying to edit my playlist cover art, however whenever I select an image spotify always say "failed to upload image please try again". I have attempted this several times, even unins...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Error Code -7

I cannot get my internet to connect with Spotify. When I open the program it presents a loading screen and then goes to black with the message: Spotify failed to load application content (error code -7). Please verify that you have an internet connec...

• I cannot get my internet to connect with Spotify. When I open the program it presents a loading screen and then goes to black with the message:    Spotify failed to load application conte...
  • mlledvlle
  • 67 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Windows
  • 67 replies
  • 14 likes

My Songs Are Not Synced on My Desktop

I have spotify premium for the years. But the first time i have this problem. I can not sync my songs on my laptop. There are no "download" button under the "songs" section. I can't listen my songs while I'm at offline mode. How can I fix it?Note: I ...

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium for the years. But the first time i have this problem. I can not sync my songs on my laptop. There are no "download" button under the "songs" section. I can't listen my songs w...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Impossible to start the app on windows

Somebody can help me? I'm using spotify premium. For a few days, I've been unable to start my desktop app on windows. When I click on the app, for five seconds the app icon and the pointer look like the app will open, and then back to normal, nothing...

• Casual Listener
  • Somebody can help me? I'm using spotify premium. For a few days, I've been unable to start my desktop app on windows. When I click on the app, for five seconds the app icon and the pointer look like ...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

It does not show anything on OBSERVE and FIND FRIENDS.

It starts loading and just freezes. I installed full package for windows, still does not work. Yesterday it suggested some update, i agreed and then it started showing it for couple hours and then it just shut totally and stopped shooting at all. Bec...

• Casual Listener
  •  It starts loading and just freezes. I installed full package for windows, still does not work. Yesterday it suggested some update, i agreed and then it started showing it for couple hours and t...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong time with connected device

I use Spotify desktop app on Windows 7 and connect it to Spotiamb. Spotify shows correct time and progressbar only for the first song. Time does not reset to 0:00 at end of song. It continues to increase when next song starts. Then the position stays...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify desktop app on Windows 7 and connect it to Spotiamb. Spotify shows correct time and progressbar only for the first song. Time does not reset to 0:00 at end of song. It continues to incr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

problems updating the client for windows 10

Hi. I have problems updating the client for windows 10. Since ever. When a new update arrives, I download it, then it tells me to restart the application to finish the update, and when it re-starts the version is still the previous one and not the on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have problems updating the client for windows 10. Since ever. When a new update arrives, I download it, then it tells me to restart the application to finish the update, and when it re-starts t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes