Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify does not play anymore

Hello, my Spotify Premium isn't playing any of the Songs I clicked on.The Song shows up, and directly stops at 00:00.I've already tried to restart my Windows, reinstalled Spotify and my Flash Player but nothing worked.What can I do. Cheers

• Visitor
  • Hello,   my Spotify Premium isn't playing any of the Songs I clicked on. The Song shows up, and directly stops at 00:00. I've already tried to restart my Windows, reinstalled Spotify and m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Possibility to help correct the release dates of albums

hey there, i noticed especially in the hip-hop/rap genre that many many release dates of albums are insanely incorrect. Is there any way to inform spotify about the correct ones and thus helping them to correct their database? I think many users woul...

• hey there,   i noticed especially in the hip-hop/rap genre that many many release dates of albums are insanely incorrect. Is there any way to inform spotify about the correct ones and thus...
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Not playing songs

ok i noticed this maybe a week ago. In my playlists i have a collection of songs (some from personal collection, others from subscribed artists) recently i noticed that random songs have stopped playing. I mean ill play a song then it goes through a ...

• ok i noticed this maybe a week ago. In my playlists i have a collection of songs (some from personal collection, others from subscribed artists) recently i noticed that random songs have stopped play...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows 7 perma hourglass

Hi, after i started spotify and began playing radio, the application performs fine for the first 3-4 songs. Then the trouble begins.. The cursor in the application is permanent the hourglass (spinning circle) and i am not able to like a song, skip a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   after i started spotify and began playing radio, the application performs fine for the first 3-4 songs. Then the trouble begins.. The cursor in the application is permanent the hourgla...
  • Shyarly
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify cuts off all other audio on the computer?

This may not be a problem caused by spotify, but it happens when I have been using spotify a lot that all other audio stops working entirely except spotify (which is what makes me first think it may be the cause). When I stop spotify, exit it entirel...

• Casual Listener
  • This may not be a problem caused by spotify, but it happens when I have been using spotify a lot that all other audio stops working entirely except spotify (which is what makes me first think it may ...
  • matteidsen
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Album Art Not Showing in Discover (Windows XP)

For some time now the album art in Discover in the main pane has been missing on my home desktop running windows XP ( yes I know it's a bit old hat) Album art does show in left hand pane - track currently playing and also avatars in right hand Activi...

• Regular
  • For some time now the album art in Discover in the main pane has been missing on my  home desktop running windows XP ( yes I know it's a bit old hat) Album art does show in left hand pane - trac...
  • luqq
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Password

A message just received by email from Spotifi starts "Hi" and then my password instead of my name??? Also, at the top left of the "Help" page (and other pages such as this one) is my password instead of my name. Is this correct? Can others see that p...

• Casual Listener
  • A message just received by email from Spotifi starts "Hi" and then my password instead of my name??? Also, at the top left of the "Help" page (and other pages such as this one) is my password in...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Only first 184 tracks are shown with HTTP URL

If I open the HTTP URL then I only see the first 184 tracks of a playlist. I used the latest version of the Spotify desktop for Windows application. I copied the HTTP URL from a playlist that contains 700+ tracks. The very same problem applies for al...

• Visitor
  • If I open the HTTP URL then I only see the first 184 tracks of a playlist.   I used the latest version of the Spotify desktop for Windows application. I copied the HTTP URL from a playlist t...
  • rderocle
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse available in free account, but not in premium account

I have a premium account and a free account, when I log out of my premimum account in the windows desktop app version 0.9.6 and log into my free account i have the browse tab. But in my premium account I do not. What is going on? How come I pay for s...

• Roadie
  • I have a premium account and a free account, when I log out of my premimum account in the windows desktop app version 0.9.6 and log into my free account i have the browse tab. But in my premium accou...
  • ThaSnapDragon
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Overwritten account

My first account was created with facebook and only facebook. I had not put any additional info, like new password or other account name. Few weeks ago I received and account from a friend of mine with a Spotify Premium on it, so I figured out I coul...

• Casual Listener
  • My first account was created with facebook and only facebook. I had not put any additional info, like new password or other account name. Few weeks ago I received and account from a friend of mine wi...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to 'artists' button?

When I use Spotify I like to click on the artists button and browse artists I like until I see one I want to listen to and then browse their discography. It's great, the tile setup of each artist gives me a good visual interface that makes it easy to...

• Gig Goer
  • When I use Spotify I like to click on the artists button and browse artists I like until I see one I want to listen to and then browse their discography. It's great, the tile setup of each artist giv...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom Thumbnail

I am hoping someone knows how to create a custom thumbnail on a playlist I have the fastest growing Grunge playlist: Seattle Grunge if you're interested. A quick search of grunge on spotify puts this playlist at the top. The next 4 playlists have cus...

• Music Fan
  • I am hoping someone knows how to create a custom thumbnail on a playlist   I have the fastest growing Grunge playlist:   Seattle Grunge if you're interested.   A quick...
  • GenestealerUK
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Won't shuffle albums

Good Morning, I'm having an issue where i have shuffle selected and it shuffles just fine the playlists i've created. But everytime i go to ANY album. Playing Biffy Clyro's Opposoties right now and it only plays that album from top to bottom, doesn't...

• Casual Listener
  • Good Morning,    I'm having an issue where i have shuffle selected and it shuffles just fine the playlists i've created.    But everytime i go to ANY album. Playing Biffy Clyr...
  • Ashlock
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Mediabuttons on keyboard stopped working

Hi, Couple days ago my mediabuttons on my keyboard stopped working with spotify, I've tried to reinstall my keyboard and reinstalled spotify. Still doesn't work. The buttons DO work in Windows Media Player but not in Spotify, what can the problem be?...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Couple days ago my mediabuttons on my keyboard stopped working with spotify, I've tried to reinstall my keyboard and reinstalled spotify. Still doesn't work.   The buttons DO ...
  • tobiasberget
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Better guidelines and contracts with artists and publishers

I've complained about this before (see: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Strange-things-going-on-with-the-Spotify-database/m-p/487240#M56046 ) and I'm seriously getting irritated with songs or artists suddenly changing in de...

• Music Fan
  • I've complained about this before (see: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Strange-things-going-on-with-the-Spotify-database/m-p/487240#M56046 ) and I'm seriously getting irri...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files in a Public playlist not available to others

As a FREE member I realize I can not play my playlists on a mobile device, this does not pertain to me. What I want to do is be able to make my public playlists that contain local files playable to my friends. Doesn't Spotify work with some service l...

• Regular
  • As a FREE member I realize I can not play my playlists on a mobile device, this does not pertain to me.     What I want to do is be able to make my public playlists that conta...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stops playing for about 5 seconds every 5 minutes

For about 2 weeks ago spotify has started to act really irritating. Every 5-10 minutes spotify stops playing music for 5-10 seconds. Maybe its the buffer that's empty I don't now. There's no problem with my connection, I can watch all "play" services...

• Regular
  • For about 2 weeks ago spotify has started to act really irritating. Every 5-10 minutes spotify stops playing music for 5-10 seconds. Maybe its the buffer that's empty I don't now. There's no problem ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Advertisement even though I have remium

So, Just now I saw this ad when I opened spotify: Can I fix this? Thanks

Untitled.png
  • Casual Listener
  • So, Just now I saw this ad when I opened spotify:       Can I fix this?   Thanks 🙂
  • eff
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Lists not showing

I have tried: Tested all countries and the "for me"/ "everywhere" options Log out / in Turn off / on Reinstall Still not working. What to do next?

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried: Tested all countries and the "for me"/ "everywhere" options Log out / in Turn off / on Reinstall   Still not working.   What to do next?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Coping more than one file

Why I can't open the containing folder of more than one file? Basically I made a playlist and I want to copy all this songs to separate folder but seems to it's impossible. I tried to export playlist to winamp and copy from wmp but I gave up. Spotify...

• Why I can't open the containing folder of more than one file? Basically I made a playlist and I want to copy all this songs to separate folder but seems to it's impossible. I tried to export playlist...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod