Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can't play strokes music

Hi guys,I don't know why i can't play the strokes music ( only 2,3 songs )Probably is because before using spotify i download their discography and i used spotify as player. I don't know how to resolve.Thanks P.S for example i created a playlist, whe...

• Hi guys, I don't know why i can't play the strokes music ( only 2,3 songs ) Probably is because before using spotify i download their discography and i used spotify as player. I don't know how...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song List

For some reason, unless I'm on the artist page I cannot pick which songs I want to play. I will go to an artist that I have saved music for and click on the 5th song listed, but it will start playing the 1st song and I have to use the next button to ...

• For some reason, unless I'm on the artist page I cannot pick which songs I want to play. I will go to an artist that I have saved music for and click on the 5th song listed, but it will start playing...
  • jorlando989
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No puedo logear spotify con mi facebook ?

Buenos dias , meses atras tuve que cerrar mi facebook anterior , y desde que abri el nuevo no pouedo logear mi spotify con mi face desde mi iphone 7 . no puedo compartir canciones ni contactos .me pudieran ayudar por favor . muchas gracias saludos

• Buenos dias , meses atras tuve que cerrar mi facebook anterior , y desde que abri el nuevo no pouedo logear mi spotify con mi face desde mi iphone 7 . no puedo compartir canciones ni contactos . me ...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot access profile.

I cannot access my profile in the current version. Nothing happens when I click my name or the arrow. Hovering over it says profile and menu but nothing happens. Anyone else?

• Regular
  • I cannot access my profile in the current version. Nothing happens when I click my name or the arrow. Hovering over it says profile and menu but nothing happens.    Anyone else?
  • labelscollected
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Add / Import My Music

I've been going through my music and adding them to my Spotify library. Is there a way to do this more autmatically? It's taking a long time. I've seen where I can get Spotify to play my local MP3 files, but what I'm after is a way to simply import m...

• Regular
  • I've been going through my music and adding them to my Spotify library.  Is there a way to do this more autmatically?  It's taking a long time. I've seen where I can get Spotify to play my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Share Music without social media

Hey there, since one of the last updates i can't share music without a social media account anymore. Before that it was possible to share music with your followers and friends within the dektop program or via ios app. I would very much appreciate to ...

• Visitor
  • Hey there, since one of the last updates i can't share music without a social media account anymore. Before that it was possible to share music with your followers and friends within the dektop progr...
  • sgwealti
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

play/pause button not working when im tabbed out

Hey, So I've been using spotify on my laptop for a long time now and I've never had a problem. But recently the play/pause and skip buttons dont work when im tabbed out of spotify but then when spotify is my main tab it works fine. I didn't have this...

• Hey, So I've been using spotify on my laptop for a long time now and I've never had a problem. But recently the play/pause and skip buttons dont work when im tabbed out of spotify but then when spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle just plays song in order (Does not shuffle)

When I hit the shuffle button Spotify does not shuffle; instead, it continues to follow the order of the songs in the playlist. Looking at the play queue and hitting Ctrl+S changes nothing, it only toggles the green outline on the shuffle icon. The o...

• Casual Listener
  • When I hit the shuffle button Spotify does not shuffle; instead, it continues to follow the order of the songs in the playlist. Looking at the play queue and hitting Ctrl+S changes nothing, it only t...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify doesn't play selected song, but instead the first one from a selected artist...

Hi guys, I was hoping that you will be able to help me. I have been using Spotify for several months now. Since a couple of days I have the following problem. When I go to one of my artists' directory and try to play one of the songs I saved Spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   I was hoping that you will be able to help me. I have been using Spotify for several months now. Since a couple of days I have the following problem. When I go to one of my artists'...
  • fuqspotify
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't sign in on desktop player

Sounds like I have the opposite issue of many people on here. I have no problems signing in to the web player using the Facebook link, but when I try to use the desktop player I have no luck. When I click log in with facebook it pops up a browser win...

• Music Fan
  • Sounds like I have the opposite issue of many people on here. I have no problems signing in to the web player using the Facebook link, but when I try to use the desktop player I have no luck. When I ...
  • pammyg
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

problem with reproduction

I have this problem: if I want to listen only one track of an album (for example the third one), i clkick on it, but spotify starts reproducing the first one. Is it a new rule of free spotify or is only my spotify which has a problem?(sorry for my ba...

• I have this problem: if I want to listen only one track of an album (for example the third one), i clkick on it, but spotify starts reproducing the first one. Is it a new rule of free spotify or is o...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Full Page Spam Advert

I opened up Spotify on Windows 10 today (a slightly older version of spotify because I find issues with playback on more recent versions) and when browsing through a playlist I got a full page advert which is a scam beyond a doubt. It should be easy ...

• I opened up Spotify on Windows 10 today (a slightly older version of spotify because I find issues with playback on more recent versions) and when browsing through a playlist I got a full page advert...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Incorrect song plays when I click a song in the "Artists" section of "Your Music"

On my PC desktop Spotify app, I can play songs successfully when using the "Songs" and "Slbums" sections of "Your Music". However, when I try to play the songs in "Artists", when I click, an incorrect song by the same artist is played and often the s...

• On my PC desktop Spotify app, I can play songs successfully when using the "Songs" and "Slbums" sections of "Your Music". However, when I try to play the songs in "Artists", when I click, an incorrec...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When I pick a song from a band in the artists tab, it switches back to the first song in the list.

When I pick a song from the "Artists" tab (and pick a band of course) and choose a song, let's say in the middle of the list, then it jumps to the first song in the list.

• Casual Listener
  • When I pick a song from the "Artists" tab (and pick a band of course) and choose a song, let's say in the middle of the list, then it jumps to the first song in the list.
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps opening up randomly

I will be working on chrome, then my spotify app with just open itself up? How do I stop this from happening. (I'm on a surface book if that changes anything)

• I will be working on chrome, then my spotify app with just open itself up? How do I stop this from happening. (I'm on a surface book if that changes anything)
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't play album tracks unless from the beginning

when i choose an album and press "play" on, for example, the third song, it jumps to the first one. it completely ignores my trying to play any other song.

• Roadie
  • when i choose an album and press "play" on, for example, the third song, it jumps to the first one. it completely ignores my trying to play any other song.
  • ryszardmaczewsk
  • 35 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 35 replies
  • 3 likes

Windows client dropping connection every few minutes

Hello all, I am experiencing this very frustrating issue:Every few minutes my desktop client's connection drops out and I get blue bars preventing me from doing searches and starting new albums (error code 4). This does not cause discontinuity of pla...

• Hello all,   I am experiencing this very frustrating issue: Every few minutes my desktop client's connection drops out and I get blue bars preventing me from doing searches and starting new a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ability to copy Spotify URI removed again

I just noticed today that I can no longer copy a Spotify URI for tracks in a playlist. This capability was removed once before, and a lot of people complained. Why is this happening again? Can we please have this restored?

• Music Fan
  • I just noticed today that I can no longer copy a Spotify URI for tracks in a playlist.  This capability was removed once before, and a lot of people complained.  Why is this happening again...
  • andywado
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Silent album

Tried to listen to Sundancer by The Fumes and all the tracks, bar one, are silent. Not a hardware or software issue as everything else plays fine...

• Visitor
  • Tried to listen to Sundancer by The Fumes and all the tracks, bar one, are silent. Not a hardware or software issue as everything else plays fine...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files partially not being recognised or ignored

Over time I have made playlists with music from other sources than spotify multiple times, and I started to notice that in these playlists certain songs seem to dissapear. In addition to that, some songs that I have locally are being replaced by thei...

• Regular
  • Over time I have made playlists with music from other sources than spotify multiple times, and I started to notice that in these playlists certain songs seem to dissapear. In addition to that, some s...
  • kebykepow
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes