Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Opened Spotify and it installed even though Spotify has been installed for a while

I've had Spotify installed on my computer for a while, but haven't opened it in about a month. I opened it today, and it had an installing popup (not "Installing Update", it was Installing like I'd opened the installer, even though Spotify has been i...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had Spotify installed on my computer for a while, but haven't opened it in about a month. I opened it today, and it had an installing popup (not "Installing Update", it was Installing like ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Doesn't play songs that also have local content

I'm having a problem with my desktop Spotify where it won't play certain artists or songs. They work on the web player at home and at work. I think the problem may be that I have the files locally on my home PC in a file type that Spotify may not rec...

• I'm having a problem with my desktop Spotify where it won't play certain artists or songs. They work on the web player at home and at work. I think the problem may be that I have the files locally on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays top song in list of songs when playing any song

So I go to for example Drake and click a song 4 songs down from the top. Well it gets highlighted in a grey tab but plays the top song in the list. It does this for any list of songs including playlists. In order to switch songs you need to play the ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I go to for example Drake and click a song 4 songs down from the top. Well it gets highlighted in a grey tab but plays the top song in the list. It does this for any list of songs including playli...
  • endlessonex
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inability to select a song on a saved album

Is this problem ever going to be fixed? I realize its only been a week or so, but I pay for this service and would appreciate it working properly. I know the topic has already been posted, but the only answers are "i have this problem too" or "they'r...

• Music Fan
  • Is this problem ever going to be fixed? I realize its only been a week or so, but I pay for this service and would appreciate it working properly. I know the topic has already been posted, but the on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album shuffles when trying to play a specific song

I'm running Spotify on Windows 10. Whenever I try and play a specific song from a saved album it acts like I shuffled the album, with shuffle disabled, it plays the first song like pressing "PLAY" near the album art. I've already tried rebooting and ...

• I'm running Spotify on Windows 10. Whenever I try and play a specific song from a saved album it acts like I shuffled the album, with shuffle disabled, it plays the first song like pressing "PLAY" ne...
  • Ben152656232312
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Music playing while playing on another device

I have two windows machines that both have the desktop version installed (1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6). I have the player open on both machines. I have the player open on machine a (work laptop) to contol the music which is connected (via the connet to devi...

• I have two windows machines that both have the desktop version installed (1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6). I have the player open on both machines. I have the player open on machine a (work laptop)&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium won't work properly on laptop

Hi...I have had premium for a while now, but I am not able to choose which song I want on my laptop's download of spotify. If I try to pick a track from an album or list, the first and uppermost track will start playing no matter where I click. It wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi...I have had premium for a while now, but I am not able to choose which song I want on my laptop's download of spotify. If I try to pick a track from an album or list, the first and uppermost trac...
  • asdr02n
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesnt work with DNS 4.4.2.1/4.4.2.2/4.2.2.1/4.2.2.2

Spotify doesnt work with DNS 4.4.2.1/4.4.2.2/4.2.2.1/4.2.2.2 ??Now i need to use DHCP to use spotify, and i cant open reddit because of this. FYI my ISP also blocked 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to open some restricted site on my country.Any work around?

• Spotify doesnt work with DNS 4.4.2.1/4.4.2.2/4.2.2.1/4.2.2.2 ?? Now i need to use DHCP to use spotify, and i cant open reddit because of this. FYI my ISP also blocked 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to open some re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Question

Hi, I am thinking about upgrading from my free account to the Premium account.I read where it says download to listen offline. Does this give me the ability to download music and burn it to a cd or add it to my mp3 player? Or does anything I download...

• Hi, I am thinking about upgrading from my free account to the Premium account. I read where it says download to listen offline.   Does this give me the ability to download music and burn it t...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing the picture (avatar) of playlist DOESN'T WORK

Hey!I tried to change the picture of my playlist and it doesn't work. It loads the picture, everything seems fine, then i click 'save' and nothing happens. I use windows 10 and of course it is a premium account.Thx for help

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I tried to change the picture of my playlist and it doesn't work. It loads the picture, everything seems fine, then i click 'save' and nothing happens. I use windows 10 and of course it is a pr...
  • papst
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting Songs from My Music

Okay guys... I have an issue that now completely messed up my music collection management.... Looking out for some ideas... I hit the 10000 song limit on my music (darn it, but that's another topic) then I thought okay let's move all the stuff back t...

• Okay guys... I have an issue that now completely messed up my music collection management.... Looking out for some ideas...    I hit the 10000 song limit on my music (darn it, but that's ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Some playlists stuck on "waiting" since new update

I have a number of playlists with locally stored tracks. I imported them into Spotify on PC and then it downloaded onto the Android app no problems. However now some of the tracks on my PC say "This song is not available. If you have the file on your...

• Regular
  • I have a number of playlists with locally stored tracks. I imported them into Spotify on PC and then it downloaded onto the Android app no problems. However now some of the tracks on my PC say "This ...
  • nuggetnik
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop cache feature is broken for over 2 years.

Since the last major update for the desktop player, about 2 years ago, we lost a great feature: setting a limit to the max cache size.We also got a brand new bug: even though you can set a cache folder location on the advanced menu the app actually u...

• Regular
  • Since the last major update for the desktop player, about 2 years ago, we lost a great feature: setting a limit to the max cache size. We also got a brand new bug: even though you can set a cac...
  • peruka
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs disappear for no reason

Hi,Today I was searching for Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Babe, by Cigarettes After **bleep** and it came up that there's just one song in their profile named "K.". I found it quite strange, because I remember I added some of their songs in my private pl...

• Hi, Today I was searching for Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Babe, by Cigarettes After **bleep** and it came up that there's just one song in their profile named "K.". I found it quite strange, because I ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where we can see the notes from every update of Spotify?

Hi all, I'd like to know which are the notes/updates everytime that Spotify request you to update the application (PC). What are the changes they have implemented for every version?. Kind regardsJaime Borrás

• Hi all,   I'd like to know which are the notes/updates everytime that Spotify request you to update the application (PC). What are the changes they have implemented for every version?. &...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends feed

My computer updated the app and I no longer see the Friend/Buddy feed that shows you what your friends are listening to on the right-hand side of the app.

• Casual Listener
  • My computer updated the app and I no longer see the Friend/Buddy feed that shows you what your friends are listening to on the right-hand side of the app.
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend's names are numbers in collaborative playlist. Restarting doesn't fix it

I tried to reset, and I can't disconnect from facebook because my account was created through facebook. This is really annoying and really bad. See attachment.

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to reset, and I can't disconnect from facebook because my account was created through facebook. This is really annoying and really bad. See attachment.
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

recently purchased itunes songs won't play on Spotify

I am noticing that songs/albums that I recently purchased in itunes now won't play in Spotify. These are songs that previously played in Spotify with no problem.

• I am noticing that songs/albums that I recently purchased in itunes now won't play in Spotify. These are songs that previously played in Spotify with no problem.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

hi @DancingNancieI have also a little bit problems to find new users on Deezer, but long term users I find. My boyfriend added me over the desktop version. And then I followed him back. I can see the songs he sent me on Deezer as a prominent visible ...

• Regular
  • hi @DancingNancie I have also a little bit problems to find new users on Deezer, but long term users I find. My boyfriend added me over the desktop version. And then I followed him back. I can see t...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

The worst update ever!!!!!! Lost all my messages in the inbox that were like playlists to me. Definetly a reason to leave spotify. Don´t be like any other app that has to go through those awful social networks like facebook. Please bring inbox back!!...

• The worst update ever!!!!!! Lost all my messages in the inbox that were like playlists to me. Definetly a reason to leave spotify. Don´t be like any other app that has to go through those awful socia...
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes