Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

So I just noticed that they have spared themselves from some grief that's been outlined all throughout this thread. That is to say, they've now added a playlist to all of our accounts called 'Inbox.' It appears to have every song that has ever been s...

• Casual Listener
  • So I just noticed that they have spared themselves from some grief that's been outlined all throughout this thread. That is to say, they've now added a playlist to all of our accounts called 'Inbox.'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I've tried to request that a playlist be created with my inbox via email. Please can you do this. I've been a premium subscriber for years and your inbox is how I've charted my life. To delete all that without giving us any opportunity to salvage it ...

• Visitor
  • I've tried to request that a playlist be created with my inbox via email. Please can you do this. I've been a premium subscriber for years and your inbox is how I've charted my life. To delete all th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Queue function not present in new update?

When I right click in the new update of Windows, the queue function is removed??

• When I right click in the new update of Windows, the queue function is removed??
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify, May I have your attention please? I have an iPhone and I use SPOTIFY instead of Apple Music. Why? Because I could easily share music with mt friends who have Android phones. Plus, you guys are different. When I originally signed up for the 3...

• Spotify,   May I have your attention please?   I have an iPhone and I use SPOTIFY instead of Apple Music. Why? Because I could easily share music with mt friends who have Android phones...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Core Application Feature Missing After Update

I was forced to update and can no longer send songs to my friends. I can't even access my inbox. I use Spotify for this reason. I cannot find the messages. I can't find them on my Mac Spotify desktop app and I can't find them on my Android Spotify mo...

• Regular
  • I was forced to update and can no longer send songs to my friends. I can't even access my inbox. I use Spotify for this reason. I cannot find the messages. I can't find them on my Mac Spotify de...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

How to download 1.0.50

Anyone know how to download 1.0.50 version for Windows? Taking the option to upgrade from the help menu in the app doesn't work, nor does downloding the installer from the website - I just end up with 1.0.49 each time.

• Roadie
  • Anyone know how to download 1.0.50 version for Windows?   Taking the option to upgrade from the help menu in the app doesn't work, nor does downloding the installer from the website - I just e...
  • TrevBlu19
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The Reason I Am Cancelling My Subscription

Hello,I am trying to cancel my Premium account but I do not see a way to explain exactly why I am cancelling. Can you please give me a way to tell your team exactly why a 5+ year customer is cancelling. I would love to voice my opinion so you know wh...

• Regular
  • Hello, I am trying to cancel my Premium account but I do not see a way to explain exactly why I am cancelling. Can you please give me a way to tell your team exactly why a 5+ year customer is canc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

@infectionmetal does it automatically change to "open" when you type "play"? if so, then I don't know why that happens. I have never experienced it myself and it seems it can't be solved by changing some settings or using a incognito window.

• Music Fan
  • @infectionmetal does it automatically change to "open" when you type "play"? if so, then I don't know why that happens. I have never experienced it myself and it seems it can't be solved by...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Just logged on to re-read the messages + songs my Dad shared with me before he died. They're gone. I wish I'd have known before they all disappeared so I could have at least screen shot the messages...bummer, Spotify.

• Just logged on to re-read the messages + songs my Dad shared with me before he died.  They're gone.  I wish I'd have known before they all disappeared so I could have at least screen shot t...
  • 10 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 30 likes

files on phone won't sync to computer

I have some files on my phone that I downloaded from my second (old) laptop. That computer is gone and I have a new computer, but this playlist's music is only on my phone. How do I get it to download to my computer?It just tells me that the song is ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have some files on my phone that I downloaded from my second (old) laptop. That computer is gone and I have a new computer, but this playlist's music is only on my phone. How do I get it to downloa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The link that was shared to access messages doesnt work For a minute I had a glimmer of hope that maybe I would be able to retrieve them. Still cant believe that Spotify have deleted them without so much as a warning. Totally unacceptable in my opini...

• The link that was shared to access messages doesnt work 😞 For a minute I had  a glimmer of hope that maybe I would be able to retrieve them. Still cant believe that Spotify have deleted them wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

DancingNancie said, "I cringe when I get the notification that there's an update". I know exactly how you feel. I've been on Spotify since 2010 and have learnt to hate that leap into the unknown every time there's an up-date, wondering what will be t...

• Roadie
  • DancingNancie said, "I cringe when I get the notification that there's an update". I know exactly how you feel. I've been on Spotify since 2010 and have learnt to hate that leap into the unknown ever...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Add me to the list of people who want a playlist of inbox songs. I've been a PREMIUM Spotify user for over six years. I first signed up before it was even open to the public thanks to an exclusive invitation from a friend of mine. I immediately fell ...

• Casual Listener
  • Add me to the list of people who want a playlist of inbox songs.   I've been a PREMIUM Spotify user for over six years. I first signed up before it was even open to the public thanks to an e...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

So they seriously used manpower to write scripts to generate these playlists, but you can't just simple rollback the removal of the feature? As a software developer what you are doing makes 0 sense, I just can't wrap my head around it. Bring this fea...

• Regular
  • So they seriously used manpower to write scripts to generate these playlists, but you can't just simple rollback the removal of the feature? As a software developer what you are doing makes 0 sense, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

I really think we need an indication of whether there's going to be a reinstated messaging feature or not. I want to know whether to sit tight with Spotify or see whether other platforms offer this

• Visitor
  • I really think we need an indication of whether there's going to be a reinstated messaging feature or not. I want to know whether to sit tight with Spotify or see whether other platforms offer this
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes

@Rorey wrote:Hello everyone, We’ve been following the feedback in this thread closely. We’ve put together answers to the most common questions we’ve seen here. How can I get my songs from Inbox back?We understand your frustration. As a result of the ...

• Music Fan
  • @Rorey wrote: Hello everyone,   We’ve been following the feedback in this thread closely. We’ve put together answers to the most common questions we’ve seen here.   How can I get...
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes

This doesn't solve ANYTHING! I don't want a massive playlist of every song that every person has ever sent me. I want the song, and the messages and the dates from a specific sender.

• Visitor
  • This doesn't solve ANYTHING! I don't want a massive playlist of every song that every person has ever sent me. I want the song, and the messages and the dates from a specific sender.
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes

Spotify still keeps jumping songs!

Spotify will skip the song currently playing after a few seconds. It won't play if I go back to it, or manually skip to the middle of the song. After looking at numerous forums, I have tried:-clean reinstallation-turning off hardware accelation-unche...

• Spotify will skip the song currently playing after a few seconds. It won't play if I go back to it, or manually skip to the middle of the song.   After looking at numerous forums, I have tried...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes