Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Discovery Weekly

Over the last few weeks Discovery Weekly has appeared on my computer as it should. However when using Spotify on my Marantz M-CR610 all my play lists are there except for Discovery Weekly. Is there a simple way to make it reappear like it used to? I'...

• Over the last few weeks Discovery Weekly has appeared on my computer as it should.  However when using Spotify on my Marantz M-CR610 all my play lists are there except for Discovery Weekly.&nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Message Box Missing

Logged in this morning and now the mssge box for sharing music is gone!??? Did spotify get rid of this!?

• Roadie
  • Logged in this morning and now the mssge box for sharing music is gone!??? Did spotify get rid of this!?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

activity feed

my activity feed has been gone for like a week and I read all the posts here that address this issue and I can't solve it! there's posts from 2014 2011 and now it's march 2017 and the activity feed is gone and i tried to remove spotify and setup agai...

• my activity feed has been gone for like a week and I read all the posts here that address this issue and I can't solve it! there's posts from 2014 2011 and now it's march 2017 and the activity feed i...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The Friend Feed issue

Hello! For the past 2 years or so I've been a premium user, who hasn't been able to use his Friend Feed as intented (or rather at all), expect for a very short period of time in the very beginning. Well, hoping for an update to fix it doesn't seem ve...

• Hello!   For the past 2 years or so I've been a premium user, who hasn't been able to use his Friend Feed as intented (or rather at all), expect for a very short period of time in the very beg...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays music by itself

I just came home and was shocked to hear my speakers blaring. Spotify was playing music and judging by the logs it has been doing so for the last four hours. It's been six hours since I left, so the playback has started due to reasons unknown. What c...

• Casual Listener
  • I just came home and was shocked to hear my speakers blaring. Spotify was playing music and judging by the logs it has been doing so for the last four hours. It's been six hours since I lef...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change Date Added?

I was adding songs to a playlist when i accidentally hit the remove from library button and now one song out of a whole album i had saved is separated by months of other songs. I like to keep my music organized by date added and I like to keep the or...

• Casual Listener
  • I was adding songs to a playlist when i accidentally hit the remove from library button and now one song out of a whole album i had saved is separated by months of other songs. I like to keep my musi...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

(Technical question) Spotify Connect disconnects when screen shuts off on a laptop

Hello!Just today, I repurposed an old laptop into a dedicated Spotify Connect machine, but I have ran into a problem.My goal is to make the system run completely "headless", which means that it does processing work and all that, with no screen or int...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! Just today, I repurposed an old laptop into a dedicated Spotify Connect machine, but I have ran into a problem. My goal is to make the system run completely "headless", which means that ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Totally agree.Lets start a comparision of prices and services to ease peoples transition.

• Casual Listener
  • Totally agree. Lets start a comparision of prices and services to ease peoples transition.  
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists wont load - stuck on loading

Recently started up spotify after being on a month long trip - custom made playlists are stuck on "Loading..." and do not appear. Playlist shows up on mobile (iOS). Running newest update to spotify 0.9.0.133.gd18ed589. Any ideas? Wait it out? Seems l...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently started up spotify after being on a month long trip - custom made playlists are stuck on "Loading..." and do not appear.    Playlist shows up on mobile (iOS).    ...
  • msharmony2001
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

First Spotify removed the ability to use third party plugins, and now they are removing the ability to share music with our friends without requiring a third party service??Yeah. Spotify is getting less and less appealing.

• First Spotify removed the ability to use third party plugins, and now they are removing the ability to share music with our friends without requiring a third party service?? Yeah. Spotify is getting...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I agree. I wish we would've have a chance to recover or forward our messages someplace. That is a feature that I used and that set Spotify apart from the other music services. I am so sad that the messages I've sent or been sent have been lost. Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • I agree.  I wish we would've have a chance to recover or forward our messages someplace.  That is a feature that I used and that set Spotify apart from the other music services.  I am ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Thanks to the user who gave us a way to retrieve our old messages, at least. Why did Spotify not tell us about this???

• Visitor
  • Thanks to the user who gave us a way to retrieve our old messages, at least. Why did Spotify not tell us about this???
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Plan an album

Why can't i play my album wihout it shuffing into my library of music? 

• Why can't i play my album wihout it shuffing into my library of music? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify PC Desktop App no longer scrobbling to last.fm

I've noticed in the last couple of weeks my spotify PC desktop app no longer scrobbles to last.fm. I am connect to Last.fm in the settings - it shows "connected to last.fm as xxxxx". My android app and iPad spotiffy app's both scrobble fine using the...

• Roadie
  • I've noticed in the last couple of weeks my spotify PC desktop app no longer scrobbles to last.fm. I am connect to Last.fm in the settings - it shows "connected to last.fm as xxxxx". My android app a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play songs

I'm using Windows 10. I have created a playlist which I can see whether I'm using the webplayer or the app. I put some somgs into it but I can only see them when I use the webplayer. The playlist is empty in the app. But nothing happens when when I c...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Windows 10. I have created a playlist which I can see whether I'm using the webplayer or the app. I put some somgs into it but I can only see them when I use the webplayer. The playlist is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

vergelijken afspeellijsten/compare playlists

hoi. kan je me vertellen hoe ik twee afspeellijsten kan vergelijken? Twee jaar geleden had je nog het hartje waarmee in een nummer kon aanvinken en zo kon zien of deze ook in andere afspeellijsten voorkwam. Hoor graag. groet, Robert Hi. can you tell ...

• Casual Listener
  • hoi. kan je me vertellen hoe ik twee afspeellijsten kan vergelijken? Twee jaar geleden had je nog het hartje waarmee in een nummer kon aanvinken en zo kon zien of deze ook in andere afspeellijsten vo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unfamiliar playlists appear in Spotify

I've noticed random playlists appearing for a couple weeks now in my Spotify account. First, all of my playlists were gone and replaced by ones in a foreign language. I restored my playlists but I still keep getting odd playlists appearing every time...

• Casual Listener
  • ...laylists but I still keep getting odd playlists appearing every time I open the Spotify Windows client.   Some are public playlists that I'm now following even though I never listened to anything in t...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify app will not open (error code 18)

I uninstalled spotify through the control panel on my windows computer because it was having problems running. Then I tried to reinstall spotify, and it will not install because there is a file that is still open and I can't find it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!...

• Casual Listener
  • I uninstalled spotify through the control panel on my windows computer because it was having problems running. Then I tried to reinstall spotify, and it will not install because there is a file that ...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play any songs

I am using Windows 10. I have downlodad the app and I have created a playlist. I have added an album to my playlist and when I am in the webplayer, they appear there but not when I use the app. The playlist appears in both but not the songs. I have t...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using Windows 10. I have downlodad the app and I have created a playlist. I have added an album to my playlist and when I am in the webplayer, they appear there but not when I use the app. The p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Spotify app does not find Vizio Chromecast speaker

I have a Vizio Crave 360 Chromecast speaker. With the Android and iOS phone Spotify apps they find and connect to the speaker and work well. However the Windows app on my PC does not list it as a device under "speakers" - my other devices such as Ama...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Vizio Crave 360 Chromecast speaker.  With the Android and iOS phone Spotify apps they find and connect to the speaker and work well.  However the Windows app on my PC does not list...
  • Nic0_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes