Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Radio station all of a sudden playing German music?

I don't know what happened, but I have a radio station based off Janus, an American Alternaive Metal band, and it's been working flawlessly till last weekend. It's only played songs in English up until then. Now all of a sudden, about 50-75% of the s...

• I don't know what happened, but I have a radio station based off Janus, an American Alternaive Metal band, and it's been working flawlessly till last weekend. It's only played songs in English up unt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sharing to Feed

Hi! Should be a quick answer for somone, but when does the current song share to your spotify activity feed? Is it when the song starts playing or when the song ends. Cheers!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   Should be a quick answer for somone, but when does the current song share to your spotify activity feed? Is it when the song starts playing or when the song ends.   Cheers! ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Play iTunes songs with spotify quality

Hey guys, I'm new with spotify and I have a question: Since my music in iTunes does not always have the best quality and correct covers and so on I would like to play the tracks from iTunes via Spotify. Like I want Spotify to look up the tracks and s...

• Hey guys,     I'm new with spotify and I have a question:   Since my music in iTunes does not always have the best quality and correct covers and so on I would like to play t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Added Date missing year

So I noticed that the Added Date no longer shows the year which is makes figuring out which songs were added last in a playlist that isn't yours. For example: Click ADDED once, last date "Wed Dec 3", click it again "Fri Dec 19"... lol. Is there a way...

• Regular
  • So I noticed that the Added Date no longer shows the year which is makes figuring out which songs were added last in a playlist that isn't yours. For example: Click ADDED once, last date "Wed Dec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Black screen when searchin an artist etc

When I search for an artist etc I only get a black (and sometimes white) screen where the result usually is shown (i.e. the main field of the screen). The same happens for the choices Start, Activity and Radio.... Most often the screen is only black,...

• Casual Listener
  • When I search for an artist etc I only get a black (and sometimes white) screen where the result usually is shown (i.e. the main field of the screen).   The same happens for the choices Star...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop to Desktop Connect

I'm sitting here with my laptop in one corner of the room, and my PC is in the other corner connected to my speakers. Is it possible to use the Connect feature from the desktop client on my laptop to start playing songs on the desktop client of my PC...

• Visitor
  • I'm sitting here with my laptop in one corner of the room, and my PC is in the other corner connected to my speakers.   Is it possible to use the Connect feature from the desktop client on m...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song won't play depending on how it is referenced

Hi, I just wanted to share some odd behaviour I just noticed on my Windows Spotify client. Some time ago I had liked a song from a spotify radio stream, so Spotify added this song to my Liked from Radio playlist. So far all was normal, but while play...

• Hi,   I just wanted to share some odd behaviour I just noticed on my Windows Spotify client. Some time ago I had liked a song from a spotify radio stream, so Spotify added this song to my Li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Messages and not seeing them

I don't know why it does this, but I have had people send me songs and I can only see the very most resent song that was sent. I can not go back and look at any of the history. Also if they sent more then one song, I don't get the others only the las...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know why it does this, but I have had people send me songs and I can only see the very most resent song that was sent.  I can not go back and look at any of the history.  Also if th...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

False Number of Following Poeple (Profile)

Hello this problem is on every of my devices here we go Description a false number of poeple im following is displayed in my profile on every device. I unfollowed about 60 poeple a longer time ago but it didn't updated the number of poeple following....

• Community Legend
  • Hello 🙂   this problem is on every of my devices 😉   here we go   Description a false number of poeple im following is displayed in my profile on every device. I unfoll...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Finding a playlist shown in Browse

The search for playlists seems broken to me. If I browse I can find the following playlist: Top 100 tracks of 2014 - Netherlands https://play.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/6c0DwvgydrTQBLTi4FQYt0 However if I put "top 100 tracks of 2014" in Search...

• Casual Listener
  • The search for playlists seems broken to me.  If I browse I can find the following playlist:   Top 100 tracks of 2014 - Netherlands https://play.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/6c0D...
  • GraemeMoss
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Advertisements in foreign language

I have just re-installed spotify. It's working just fine, but my advertisments are all in some foreign language - Swedish or Norweigan maybe? My language settings are set to English. Can anyone shed some light on this?

• Casual Listener
  • I have just re-installed spotify. It's working just fine, but my advertisments are all in some foreign language - Swedish or Norweigan maybe? My language settings are set to English. Can an...
  • physx420
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists from Web Player Not Syncing with Desktop

I have songs I added to playlists/starred track list via the web player and they are not syncing with my desktop client so I can then connect my phone to the wifi and sync it from there. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify twice and it still isn...

• Casual Listener
  • I have songs I added to playlists/starred track list via the web player and they are not syncing with my desktop client so I can then connect my phone to the wifi and sync it from there. I've uninsta...
  • adagiogray
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Mobile - Unable to find / download saved albums

This maybe an unbelievable stupid question but how in hell do you find your saved albums and download for offline playback? Surely there must be a way?

• This maybe an unbelievable stupid question but how in hell do you find your saved albums and download for offline playback? Surely there must be a way?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs periodically post on my Facebook with sharing settings off!

Once in a while, I check my Recent Activiy on Facebook. and it says I played a certain track. My Preferences for Sharing my activity and what I listen to on Facebook is also off. What's the deal? I listen to music half of my waking hours everyday.

• Visitor
  • Once in a while, I check my Recent Activiy on Facebook. and it says I played a certain track. My Preferences for Sharing my activity and what I listen to on Facebook is also off. What's the deal? I l...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to save artists

After the new update I have a slot for songs, albums and artists. I have found how to save a song (the plus sign) how to save albums (go to the album page and click save) but how on earth do you save artists?

• Roadie
  • After the new update I have a slot for songs, albums and artists. I have found how to save a song (the plus sign) how to save albums (go to the album page and click save) but how on earth do you save...
  • 88Merl
  • Music Fan
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

How do you sort playlists in the windows desktop application?

I know you can sort songs within a playlist, but I am trying to sort the playlists themselves in the Windows Desktop app. Can you do this? You can do it within the Android app, but it would be nice to be able to do this in the desktop app.

• Music Fan
  • I know you can sort songs within a playlist, but I am trying to sort the playlists themselves in the Windows Desktop app. Can you do this? You can do it within the Android app, but it would be nice t...
  • Justin35
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files Will Only Go Into a Playlist or Starred - Not Music

Wondering if you could help me out. I was able to import an mp3 of my own through local files. I want to integrate it in my Music. However, Spotify will only give me the option to star it or at it to a playlist. It is only doing this for one song, no...

• Wondering if you could help me out. I was able to import an mp3 of my own through local files. I want to integrate it in my Music. However, Spotify will only give me the option to star it or at it to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes display adapter driver

Hi, if i turn on "use hardware acceleration" it usually at some random point first freezes the software and then the whole desktop, then display goes black. when image returns i finally able to see any error messages is see this message: "display ada...

• Hi,   if i turn on "use hardware acceleration" it usually at some random point first freezes the software and then the whole desktop, then display goes black. when image returns i finally ab...
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Do i have to pay after 30 days trials???

guys please help me with this.can't i stream music after trials?

• guys please help me with this.can't i stream music after trials?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can see my desktop through Spotify-How do I solve?

Hi Guys, I'm using Windows 7 on my laptop and I can see my desktop through my Spotify screen. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall two, three times but it has not resolved the problem. This is what I'm seeing and it does not allow me to search for a...

• Hi Guys,   I'm using Windows 7 on my laptop and I can see my desktop through my Spotify screen.  I've tried to uninstall and reinstall two, three times but it has not resolved the probl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes