Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Does radio thumbs down work?

When listening to the radio i will thumbs down the same song 4 or 5 times in a 4 hour period. I'm used to the same songs repeating on the radio stations but it just seems like if I thumb down a song once, let alone 4 or 5 times a day, IT WOULD STOP P...

• When listening to the radio i will thumbs down the same song 4 or 5 times in a 4 hour period.  I'm used to the same songs repeating on the radio stations but it just seems like if I thumb down a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 16 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 16 likes

Spotify feed not appearing on Facebook

Hi, I seem to be facing a quite bizarre problem here. I used Spotify today after a period of 3 weeks. The songs were streaming perfectly fine on the desktop app. However, i) The friend activity feed seemed to have disappeared. I could only see recomm...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I seem to be facing a quite bizarre problem here.   I used Spotify today after a period of 3 weeks. The songs were streaming perfectly fine on the desktop app.   Howe...
  • NiceGuy
  • Music Fan
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does Spotify have any hidden audio settings? Having an issue

I recently started using a desktop USB amplifier-dac to get better quality audio with my new headphones. It works with everything else (itunes etc etc) except the Spotify desktop client. What I mean is, when using Spotify, music is still output throu...

• Visitor
  • I recently started using a desktop USB amplifier-dac to get better quality audio with my new headphones. It works with everything else (itunes etc etc) except the Spotify desktop client. What I mean ...
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "My Year In Music" Is not working! Please help.

When I try and get "My Year In Music" from the "Spotify Year in music", it says 403 Forbidden. Please someone help because I'v been waiting all year for this ever eince the 2013 one.

• Regular
  •  When I try and get "My Year In Music" from the "Spotify Year in music", it says 403 Forbidden. Please someone help because I'v been waiting all year for this ever eince the 2013 one.
  • LeckaR
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Microsoft MultiMedia Keyboard Media Keys Not Working..

The problem is spotify does not respond to the media keys on the keyboard.. Play/Pause, Stop, Next and PreviousI am running Windows 7 (x64) with: spotify desktop client, Microsoft MultiMedia Keyboard, IntelliType Pro 7.1 Have re-installed drivers mul...

• Visitor
  • The problem is spotify does not respond to the media keys on the keyboard.. Play/Pause, Stop, Next and Previous I am running Windows 7 (x64) with: spotify desktop client, Microsoft MultiMedia Keyb...
  • zachthezman
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

What does the the plus and the tick signs mean on the new spotify layout?

What does the the plus and the tick signs mean on the new spotify layout? Is it obvious? ive been trying to work it out and i cant seem to understand what they mean. Bring back the old layout. It was much easier and quicker to use.

• What does the the plus and the tick signs mean on the new spotify layout? Is it obvious? ive been trying to work it out and i cant seem to understand what they mean.  Bring back the old layout...
  • DaMaZz
  • Casual Listener
  • 30 replies
  • 72 likes
  • Windows
  • 30 replies
  • 72 likes

Solved!! Ctrl - F not working in new version? (1.0.1.805.gd2412973)

I realise after the update the layout is different and I can no longer use the Ctrl - F function. (Pressing Ctrl - F has no reaction) I used to be able to find songs saved in my list with only a few alphabets. Imagine having to manually search throug...

• Casual Listener
  • I realise after the update the layout is different and I can no longer use the Ctrl - F function. (Pressing Ctrl - F has no reaction) I used to be able to find songs saved in my list with only a fe...
  • Slendermang
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 16 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Playlist cover image not showing up on playlists with mostly local files

Woops, pretty long title!Anyway, It's exactly as the title say's, I've got two playlists that have mostly (and one even only) local files in them.I've made sure that the mp3 files of the songs all got a cover art. This does not change any thing tough...

Forever Alone Music Note
  • Gig Goer
  • Woops, pretty long title! Anyway, It's exactly as the title say's, I've got two playlists that have mostly (and one even only) local files in them. I've made sure that the mp3 files of the son...
  • Slendigo
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

"X listeners in your network"

How many times do you need to listen to an artist to be listed in "X listeners in your network"? If I stream one song, is that enough?

• Roadie
  • How many times do you need to listen to an artist to be listed in "X listeners in your network"? If I stream one song, is that enough?
  • mtstringer
  • 5 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 20 likes

Duda acerca archivos locales en iPhone

Hola, No estoy muy seguro si puedo hacer lo que quiero en Spotify. Les digo primero lo que quiero y más adelante lo que he hecho: Tengo una carpeta en mi PC, quiero sincronizarla con el sistema Spotify para que, cuando no esté usando el PC, pueda esc...

• Hola,   No estoy muy seguro si puedo hacer lo que quiero en Spotify. Les digo primero lo que quiero y más adelante lo que he hecho:   Tengo una carpeta en mi PC, quiero sincronizarl...
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist subscribers / followers count not updating

I am wondering why my playlists follower count does not grow up though I get messages all the time that someone is now following your playlist? The lists have had the same follower count now for weeks and weeks and I know there is dozens or hundreds ...

• Roadie
  • I am wondering why my playlists follower count does not grow up though I get messages all the time that someone is now following your playlist? The lists have had the same follower count now for week...
  • slothgoon88
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

One of my favorite songs became messed up? Not sure if corrupt or what has happened,

Hi! Since quite a while back now one of my favorite songs, Ready, Steady, Go by Paul Oakenfold has somehow been messed up in spotify, It used to be correct but now it has turned into something strange instead Paul Oakenfold – Ready, Steady, Go This i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   Since quite a while back now one of my favorite songs, Ready, Steady, Go by Paul Oakenfold has somehow been messed up in spotify,   It used to be correct but now it has turned...
  • holmistrollet
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Not Working after update

After the last update, my spotify stopped working. It did work previously without problems but this morning it no longer opened at all. I'm using a Windows 8 system. I attempted to open spotify and there was no response whatsoever. No error message w...

• After the last update, my spotify stopped working. It did work previously without problems but this morning it no longer opened at all.   I'm using a Windows 8 system. I attempted to open sp...
  • c1aire
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Error 117 since update

Hello, Since i updated Spotify windows client, i get an error message at every attempt of connexion, altought the software is not blocked by any firewall. Thaks for your help

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   Since i updated Spotify windows client, i get an error message at every attempt of connexion, altought the software is not blocked by any firewall.   Thaks for your help
  • joaquimabc
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved: Spotify doesn't play

I have solved this issue but wanted to post to help people who may be experience a similar issue. The Problem: I suddenly was unable to play songs on Spotify. I tried local and streamed tracks - nothing played. The Spotify UI brought up the album inf...

• Casual Listener
  • I have solved this issue but wanted to post to help people who may be experience a similar issue.   The Problem: I suddenly was unable to play songs on Spotify. I tried local and streamed ...
  • queenkittykat
  • 15 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 15 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Songs restarting after first second of play.

After the latest Spotify update (09.10.14.g578d350b) songs sometimes play the first second of the song and then start over and play normally. I'm using Windows 8.1 (with all current updates).

• Casual Listener
  • After the latest Spotify update (09.10.14.g578d350b) songs sometimes play the first second of the song and then start over and play normally. I'm using Windows 8.1 (with all current updates).
  • kimmop
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Hide when Minimized on Taskbar (Windows 8)

Windows 8 - Is the option gone to hide Spotify on the taskbar when minimized?

• Casual Listener
  • Windows 8 - Is the option gone to hide Spotify on the taskbar when minimized? 
  • stefan0
  • Regular
  • 83 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 83 replies
  • 4 likes

People can't see what I listen to, but I can see them

For some reason my followers cannot see what I've been listening to, even with the option "Share my activity and what I listen to with my followers on Spotify" enabled and Private session disabled. I can always see what the people I'm following are l...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason my followers cannot see what I've been listening to, even with the option "Share my activity and what I listen to with my followers on Spotify" enabled and Private session disabled. I...
  • khamerst
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify behind a https proxy

Hi, At work I am using Spotify connected by a https proxy. It seems Spotify does not like this kind of connection as the following is broken: Browse (only the loading gif shows here) Discover (no images shown) Artist overview page (no images in album...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   At work I am using Spotify connected by a https proxy. It seems Spotify does not like this kind of connection as the following is broken:   Browse (only the loading gif show...
  • daaim0
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! HELP - Can't Open/Install Apps With Spotify

Hi there. My computer is running on Windows 7 x64. My problem: I want to install the musiXmatch or TuneWiki App for my spotify desktop player. So I got to this page. Now when I click on "Open In Spotify" my sporitfy player pops up and shows me the fo...

Error.jpg
  • Gig Goer
  • Hi there.  My computer is running on Windows 7 x64.   My problem: I want to install the musiXmatch or TuneWiki App for my spotify desktop player. So I got to this page. Now when I cl...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes