Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume Issues New update

Volume Issues New update

With the Latest Spotify update for Android I have noticed a decrease in the Volume of the music, what gives?!?!?! 

Please fix it!

168 Replies

I've been checking the play store and apkmirror for over 24 hours now and no sign of this update. Anyone get it yet?

FTLOG, I wish somebody would release an update that actually made improvements without causing other problems. I love the service and updates haven't been problematic in the past but either roll this back or fix it please.

i updated through the app store and apparently it has been fixed although the volume is still low compared to the custom music app.

Spotify you should let us decide if we want to destroy our ears or not. I like listening music at high volume!!!

I've still yet to see an update in Google Play, and so far their support at support@spotify.com is just worthless.  Giving me troubleshooting steps at a basic, individual level that i've already done.  I am very close to canceling.

If Rdio had a feature where you can upload your own songs like the Spotify does with local files, I'd switch to it in a heartbeat

Over it. Goodbye Spotify, subscription cancelled.

This madaf stuff? I returned my 99 € earphones because of lower volume... And seems that problem is in Spotify.

I wasted great piece of earphones, and got as replace 49 € pair and 45 € refund. But bass was better on 99 €, I got these with offer for 94 €. But ok, I need to live with that.

Seriously! Loud up volume back!!! I will go to another service. There's no bass anymore at 12/15 volume and now I need to listen at 14/15.

Please sort this out!

Hey.

Installed old Android app for Spotify, finally can hear the vibe in my head 😄

spotify:track:0jZS0rTnf8LEC4lpjIgwK1

We can make this party jumping, just disable auto-updated from Google Play.

So instead of support supporting me like they should, I fixed the issue.  Downloaded an older APK and now working fine.  Gave support a lot of flak for not figuring this out either way.  Hopefully they will fix this either way.

Where did you obtain this APK.
Has anyone got a link... currently in work so limited access!

There are still no news or updates from spotify!

I am using Motorola E (Second Gen.) Lollipop 5

I barely hear sound on my headphones. 

If spotify doesnt support us, lets we support each:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-2-5-0-942-android-apk-download/

This version helped me to get my sound back!

Hey there sarcan.

Just received news from Spotify.

There is fix made and will be available very soon to everyone on the Android. 2.8 update roll out starts soon and will reach all Android devices in next days.

This workaround surely works before final fix, when you receive it. Make sure to update your app when you see in Google Play 2.8.x Spotify version as update. It will be loud and proud on volume.

I got the 2.8 update from brazilian Play Store. They have changed the release notes from "minor improvements" to something about new android auto compatibility feature. They haven't said anything about volume, but the update has fixed. 

If anyone can grab the APK and upload it that would but very much appreciated.

Is this update hitting the app store today? If not im cancelling my premium account this is taking just too much that is almost ridiculous.

Just an FYI to everyone I just installed the 2.5 version above... Sound is louder than currently BUT my Rdio trial set on 192 still soubds better and louder than Spotify on "Extreme".

If this 2.8 update doesn't work wonders and if this big announcement on the 20th isn't a game changer, I'm out.

Hey guys, I extracted the apk from brazilian Play Store and uploaded to MediaFire:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/duxm14eoi6km8gk/com.spotify.music.apk

This is the 2.8.0.1014 version.

Omg Yes.

This guy that just uploaded the APK is a saint.

This was great!

Thank you for being faster than servers 🙂

2.8 brought my sound back and almost saved my life...

Thanks  FabioRD!

How do I install this update ? 

Suggested posts