Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

iPhone 5s only works in airplane mode

A few days ago the spotify app on my iPhone 5s stopped working. It opens the loading screen and then closes out everytime. Only opens when I am in airplane mode. Deleted and redownloaded the app numerous times and still not working unless in airplane...

• Casual Listener
  • A few days ago the spotify app on my iPhone 5s stopped working. It opens the loading screen and then closes out everytime. Only opens when I am in airplane mode. Deleted and redownloaded the app nume...
  • Ko80
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle Favors Unpopular Songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemmacOS Mojave My Question or IssueAnytime I shuffle a playlist, the shuffle is non-random, favoring songs I listen to less often or have not saved to my library. This sort of "Discovery Shuffle" is not...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System macOS Mojave   My Question or Issue Anytime I shuffle a playlist, the shuffle is non-random, favoring songs I listen to less of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recently played doesn’t update

Recently played doesn’t update. Played all day. Hoping the algorithms would pick up new suggestions. Instead of recommending artists from the same three similar artists for weeks now. Recently played only shows up to yesterday. On Mac and iOS. Yet on...

• Regular
  • Recently played doesn’t update. Played all day. Hoping the algorithms would pick up new suggestions. Instead of recommending artists from the same three similar artists for weeks now.  Rece...
  • incredible
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App keeps crashing randomly

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 13.4.1) My Question or Issue My Spotify app keeps crashing randomly. For example, if I am scrolling through the UI to find a particular song/artist, it will hang and then crash out. Anothe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 13.4.1)   My Question or Issue   My Spotify app keeps crashing randomly.    For example, if I am ...
  • joeshaw92
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Airplay timeout on iOS? v8.4.53

Today I've started to notice that whenever I pause playback while connected to an Airplay device, the Spotify app disconnects from the Airplay device and audio returns to the iPad speakers when I restart playback. Is this a new behavior for the app? ...

• Music Fan
  • Today I've started to notice that whenever I pause playback while connected to an Airplay device, the Spotify app disconnects from the Airplay device and audio returns to the iPad speakers when I res...
  • xunilhr
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album audio and album art for 2 different bands have been swapped.

I’m trying to listen to Let’s Be Honest by Doll Skin, and it’s playing the audio from some Green Death song and the album art for the Green Death album Manufacturing Evil is showing instead of the album art for the Doll Skin album In Your Face (Again...

• Visitor
  • I’m trying to listen to Let’s Be Honest by Doll Skin, and it’s playing the audio from some Green Death song and the album art for the Green Death album Manufacturing Evil is showing instead of the&nb...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Fixed] Artist's Full Album List Not Displaying on Discography Page

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 12.1.2) My Question or IssueUpdate: The latest update of the app (Ver. 8.4.94.812) has fixed this issueOn the iOS app, after updating to 8.4.88.280, the new layout does not allow me ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 12.1.2)   My Question or Issue Update: The latest update of the app (Ver. 8.4.94.812) has fixed this issue O...
  • pounddog
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 14 likes

Similar artist recommendation doesn’t change

continually stuck on same three “similar artist” recommendations on iOS and Mac reinstalled all apps on iOS and Mac rotated through all sorts of music for weeks iPhone X latest iOS

• Regular
  • continually stuck on same three “similar artist” recommendations on iOS and Mac   reinstalled all apps on iOS and Mac   rotated through all sorts of music for weeks    iPhon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not remove podcasts at all.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(Current iOS) My Question or IssueAbout 3 months ago I started having problems removing downloaded podcasts. I could usually just reboot the app and it would then allow me to remove them but over ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (Current iOS)   My Question or Issue About 3 months ago I started having problems removing downloaded podcasts. I could usu...
  • CaseFace5
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist bugged

last night i was looking through old wrapped playlists, everything was fine until tonight, when every time a song changes in my playlists, it comes back to playing a song from Spotify wrapped 2018 playlist; it does this on all playlists. Ive restarte...

• last night i was looking through old wrapped playlists, everything was fine until tonight, when every time a song changes in my playlists, it comes back to playing a song from Spotify wrapped 2018 pl...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! older iOS devices iOS 10 worked until restoring backup

my son uses an iPhone 5S for spotify. I renewd the iPohone now to give him a fresh experience. After that the spotify app wouldnt reload as apparently iOS 10xxx has been discontinued.I then restored the backup stored before this renewal - and also he...

• Casual Listener
  • my son uses an iPhone 5S for spotify. I renewd the iPohone now to give him a fresh experience. After that the spotify app wouldnt reload as apparently iOS 10xxx has been discontinued. I then restore...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • IOS10
    iPhone5s
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! i can’t change my profile at all after updating to premium

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiphone xs maxOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuei updated to premium and i don’t see the option to change my account in any way. where it should say “edit profile” all it says is “fin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iphone xs max Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue i updated to premium and i don’t see the option to cha...
  • eden8
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs taking space twice for different accounts?

if for example, I have two accounts that follow and downloaded a certain playlist and I use two separate accounts on my phone (so as not to mess with my stats, one is for guilty pleasures) would spotify save the songs on my phone locally twice?

• Casual Listener
  • if for example, I have two accounts that follow and downloaded a certain playlist and I use two separate accounts on my phone (so as not to mess with my stats, one is for guilty pleasures) would spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloads
    local files
    space
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Account won’t edit

Plan : premium Country : USA Device : IPhone XS My Question or Issue : My family has a Spotify family plan and I just began activating and creating my account today as I previously used Apple Music. I want to edit my display name and picture so I can...

• Visitor
  •   Plan : premium  Country : USA    Device : IPhone XS  My Question or Issue : My family has a Spotify family plan and I just began activating and creating my account tod...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect: connection lost within 5 seconds after pause

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceiPad mini 2019, Lenovo X1Operating SystemiPad OS 13.4.1, Windows 10 1909 My Question or IssueI often use Spotify Connect to control my iPad, which is connected to my amplifier, from my Windows 10 based laptop. This ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device iPad mini 2019, Lenovo X1 Operating System iPad OS 13.4.1, Windows 10 1909   My Question or Issue I often use Spotify Connect to control my iPad...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Disappeared from Liked

The problem is when I go to liked songs and search I can’t find it but then I go to the search bar the song is there and I can play it. It disappears on likes songs but you can still search for it and play it. Over time more and more songs started di...

• The problem is when I go to liked songs and search I can’t find it but then I go to the search bar the song is there and I can play it. It disappears on likes songs but you can still search for it an...
  • ainoenollet
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Apple TV & Sonos delay

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Device(Apple AirPlay 2 devices in general)Operating System(iOS) My Question or IssueI know that the AirPlay 2 issue has been discussed already more than a year ago. I’m now using an Apple TV (4K) together with a Bose surroun...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device (Apple AirPlay 2 devices in general) Operating System (iOS)   My Question or Issue I know that the AirPlay 2 issue has been discussed alre...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

iOS app is not supported on BMW iDrive

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA DeviceiPhone 8Operating System(iOS 13.3.1) I drive a 2014 BMW with iDrive and my Spotify playlists are not shown on the screen. I updated my car and my app, and that hasn't helped. I can choose to play the next or previous s...

• Visitor
  •   Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 13.3.1)   I drive a 2014 BMW with iDrive and my Spotify playlists are not shown on the screen. I upda...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

I can’t get the last update, I keep refreshing and still won’t let me update the app, what’s goin on

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback stops after one song in album mode in offline mode

If i download an album and set it to offline mode, playback stops after 1 song, no matter if shuffle or continuous playback is selected. This is not an issue when onlinePlanPremiumCountryNLDeviceDifferent iphones Operating SystemiOS 13.4 My Question ...

• Regular
  • If i download an album and set it to offline mode, playback stops after 1 song, no matter if shuffle or continuous playback is selected. This is not an issue when online Plan Premium Country NL ...
  • Elena
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes