Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] 'Add to playlist' sort order should be custom

In the latest Spotify library redesign, when I try to add a song to a playlist, the modal that opens sorts my playlists in a seemingly random order. This is very annoying since I have a mix of many playlists/folders in a specific custom order, and now finding the correct playlist to add a song has become a pain. This has only become a problem in the latest update, and worked perfectly in previous Spotify versions. I think that the order of the playlists in the "Add to playlist" dialog should follow the same order as the main Playlists tab - that is, if I have my playlists sorted by custom, the dialog should be sorted the same way.

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
ukergin

Hello,

I am actually very surprised that Spotify is really struggling with very basic functionality on the web player. 

I have quite a few playlists. When I am listening to a song and I like it, I would like to add it to one of my existing playlist. When you find the song playing in a list and go to the three dots at the very right hand side and hit `Add to Playlist`, the list that comes is not sorted (for some strange reason the order it is displayed does not make sense), and you have to manually look up for the playlist you want to add since it is not sorted neither alphabetically nor by some other criteria that would make sense to the user (for example, last song added).

There are quite a few other same ideas regarding this and Spotify team, instead of looking into this very very basic functionality, uses a classic response to each of these ideas that they did not get enough votes, which by the way if they make the effort to combine the votes altogether they'll see that it reached enough votes.

Spotify makes it increasingly difficult for me to use. I am literally thinking about changing to some other music streaming channel. Please make the effort to make your product user friendly. You just recently added search option in app playlist section. These are usually thought at the very basic level, but you added in 2021!

l3rockstar

As of almost July 2021 now this is still an issue, when so much sorting was implemented within a playlist. This seems a bit insane Spotify can’t sort out playlists at the very least in custom order or recently edited. Please change it back to how it was before this update!

luna_my

PLEASE make this an option!
Just my biased experience, but  everytime I encounter an annoying problem like this, I find it here with the response "please vote and we might consider it", sometimes several years old (like this one) and often with "they changed it recently - and made it worse".
Why, dear spotify team, why?

Sharksattack

I would like a sort option when you go to add a song to a playlist. It seems like after the update it’s organized by most recently listened to but as someone who jumps around playlists the one that I want to add to often gets buried. It’d be nice for it to mimic your own playlist screen or have a sort function like the playlist screen has. 

Matthillica

For years I've been able to add songs on the mobile app to my playlists easily as they were sorted in alphabetical order. Now, for some unknown reason, when I go to do this the playlists are in a completely random order, making it really difficult to quickly get to the playlist I want. As a self-described Spotify "super user", I can't tell you how annoying and obnoxious this is... it seems like it would be a simple fix. Just let me organize the lists in alphabetical order! It's little things like this that really make me upset with Spotify, as much as I use it constantly. As soon as I find a way to port my Spotify playlists to another service, I'm gone. I know I'm just one user and, "Who cares? Go then," but I'm not kidding... I almost view Spotify as a necessary evil in my life... what kind of way is that to feel about a service I use so often and for so many hours a day? I listen to music more than I watch TV or play video games. That sentiment scaled up to tens of thousands of users is a recipe for obsolescence on a long enough timeline.  

huntc99

I did not see this idea before posting an identical one, but my idea was removed bc Spotify said this feature already exists, but I believe they misunderstood because this is not the case.

I have the latest version of the iOS app. I have my playlists sorted in custom order in my library. But when I click “add to playlist” my playlists are still sorted by most recently added. This really gives a lot of us a headache.

In summary: Please Spotify can we have the option to choose to have the custom order of playlists in our Libraries reflect when we click “Add to playlist,” instead of defaulting to sorted by recently added. 

Mihail
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-30

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. We've also edited the title a bit for clarity. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

clivota

Spotify doesn't understand the playlists that relevant for me when adding songs to them.

So please, allow to show Add to Playlists as per custom order or whatever is set in Library settings.

For desktop too, please!

SneakerHeadAJ

Whoever implemented this “most recently used sorting” playlist adding ‘feature’ is being paid too much for what they do.
Why overcomplicate such a simple feature and turn it in to a complete nuisance?

Lenexia

I am beyond frustrated that this is even an issue. And even more fed up now that I see that they know it's a big issue for many and they still wont do anything, especially when it's such a simple fix!! Like come on, I need less frustrations in my life right now, as I'm sure we all do. Let's not make things harder than they need to be. Please and thanks.