Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Needed functionality: Using Spotify UI to stream to Sonos

Hello

I am tired of being "forced" to use Sonos UI when streaming Spotify music to my stereo.

It would be great if Spotify could could team up with Sonos and develop a feature enabling the Spotify UI to stream directly to the stereo via Sonos.

I heard a lot of people having the same wish.

That being said, Spotify really rocks 🙂

Regards

/Jesper

Updated: 2016-12-06

We’re thrilled to announce that Sonos now supports Spotify Connect. Spotify Premium users can now control their Sonos straight from the Spotify app. Check out this blog post for more details. 

Comments
evenmorecowbell

Oh yes. Please. It is a daily frustration to have to use the terrible Sonos UI - all I ever use it for is to stream Spotify to my Sonos.

Great Idea.

I do have a workaround if anyone is interested.  It works  for windows, os x and iOS but I have not used my android device in a long time so I do not know if there is an option for that.

I  used a very old air port express that I connected to the line in of sonos.  I had to configure it to something other than a wireless base station but it works very well.   In iOS you simply use air play directly from spotify and in windows and (old) os x i use rogue amoeba's air foil program to stream the output of spotify straight to sonos.  In the newer os x versions just alt-clicking the volume button in the menu bar brings up the sonos air play device to stream all system sounds to.

All you do is select the line in in sonos, and then just use spotify to listen to your music.

evenmorecowbell

A very neat idea, thanks!

Sadly, it still (1) requires buying AirPlay, and (2) limits to streaming to 1 zone only, which sort of kills the idea of Sonos (for me). It would be really helpful if 5 more people liked the original request.. maybe it will get done then...

arjanth

And we're on 45 Kudo's ! Come on Spotify + Sonos, get to work! Just bought Sonos Playbar and Spotify Premium, thinking this would be music discovery heaven. But no! PLEASE get to work on this !

Desoccer

How do I kudos original idea? Want that Spotify to Sonos!!

HTR83

I just changed back to Spotify from WiMP thinking this issue should have been solved, but still not. Please let us use Spotify/Sonos the other way! Sonos is awesome, but the Spotify-functions in Sonos is pretty lame, specially if you run Spotify on the iPad.

JakeGrass
The airplay workaround is useless (like someone mentioned) if you have more than one Sonos component. It shouldn't be impossible to stream music to Sonos from the pc Spotify UI. Now come on.
JakeGrass
I hope this happens because at the moment I'm forced to look for music via the 'normal' Spotify interface on my computer and then playing it through the Sonos interface. Not ideal but very annoying.
Laba
As a premiun spotify user and a sonos fan i'm missing on experiencing both systemsat full capacity because of this lacking functionality. Please sonos/spotify help us on this one!!! You'llcreate a big bunch of grateful customers!!
evenmorecowbell

It's been so long. And this is at twice the 40+ kudos that Peter specified. Have you had a chance to review?? Please?