Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Needed functionality: Using Spotify UI to stream to Sonos

Hello

I am tired of being "forced" to use Sonos UI when streaming Spotify music to my stereo.

It would be great if Spotify could could team up with Sonos and develop a feature enabling the Spotify UI to stream directly to the stereo via Sonos.

I heard a lot of people having the same wish.

That being said, Spotify really rocks 🙂

Regards

/Jesper

Updated: 2016-12-06

We’re thrilled to announce that Sonos now supports Spotify Connect. Spotify Premium users can now control their Sonos straight from the Spotify app. Check out this blog post for more details. 

Comments
das_ubersoldat
any news here?
sebekz

I am currently on WiMP but I will gladly switch over to Spotify Premium if it allows me to use the Spotify App to play directly to my Sonos.

evenmorecowbell
Hello?? It's now at ~100 kudos. Can we at least please get an acknowledgment from the Spotify team?
gnat666

Please ..... This is what I'm looking for too.

respectfuly suggest both parties need to innovate, or be lost to the gathering hords of competitors.

betamax

+1

Me too  thanks

Blu3mind

Yes pleeeas.. 😃

matthewneal

Whilst the new beta version of the Sonos app is looking good, this would give more flexibility and work around the lack of radio, discover, browse functions lacking in the API with Sonos.

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented
Hello everyone. We don't typically announce features like this before they happen. We're going to mark this idea as "Not right now". We'll be sure to update you all as soon as we have more information.
0l1v13r

Google Music does this now... Spotify is loosing its edge quickly. Google Music and Rdio also allow to start Radio Stations from Sonos...