Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remote control.

Hello,

It could be great to be able to remote control my computer Spotify app from the Spotify mobile device app. (iPhone un my case)

Now that Connect has officially been announced and started rolling out, I'll mark this as implemented.

Comments
hibread

Hey guys

Can someone else verify the same problem I'm having.

Using the Android app as remote for a desktop. Play an album. Now add a new song to the queue. Wait for that song to play (which will be the next track). The song will probably play on the desktop, but all the album data, song data and song length of the song you've just queued will be wrong (on the Android device). Ignored if you like. And then the queue is broken until you just play a new song or album

Ive tried this on 2 different android devices, and on 4 different PCs (Windows 7 and Windows XP boxes). As well as 3 different internet/wifi connections. All the exact same queue bug

Thanks for any input!

MattSuda

@hibread 

Queueing is currently broken when using Spotify Connect (Spotify Connect is the term for remote controlling devices)

When you queue a song while remote controlling another device, it will not tranfer over.

The developers are aware of this bug and hope to bring improvements in the future so it will work.

hibread

Thank you so much MattSuda!

I could not find a reference to this bug anywhere. And I couldn't believe no one else is talking about it. Isn't this the most important thing about having a smart phone to control your music? Anyways, thanks for the heads up hopefully they can fix the bug very soon

Darvanen

So I noticed today that my Android mobile had controls and the current track showing while Spotify played on my computer.  Awesome!

But when I paused it and played it again using those controls... it played through the phone instead of the computer.  Not so awesome.