Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remote control.

Hello,

It could be great to be able to remote control my computer Spotify app from the Spotify mobile device app. (iPhone un my case)

Now that Connect has officially been announced and started rolling out, I'll mark this as implemented.

Comments
jvielma

I had this idea a few weeks back as well!

I would really love it if I could press play on my mac book, then use a "sync" option on my iPad and the song/playlist would immediately synce and begin playing both songs on the two devices.  This way I can have music playing on my laptop and my wife's iPad simultaneously.  If this required more lisencing for the service, so be it, it would be a great feature for playing whole-home spotify tunes.  Also, if required this could be limited to the two devices being required to be on the same network, as this would greatly eliminate the overhead of having to sync across providers and tunneling.  Anyhow, make this happen PLEASE! 

Luv U,

Me

Rocio
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello folks,

We really love this idea, and we are actually considering it..so we are going to mark this as "Under Consideration"

Keep adding your kudos and comments! We love your feedback...

Thanks a lot for the contribution 🙂

sct_nicolaus

I reaaaally want this feature 🙂

PegLegg

Agree, this would be a great feature to add to an already awesome service.  I'm sure more people would be willing to join premium if they had the flexibility to control music from anywhere in their home.

jmenard

Please make this happen 

melchionda

I would reall like to see remote control capability built into the Spotify Mobile app so that one iOS device could control spotify running on another iOS device.  For example, I attached my phone running Spotify to my Stereo, then I sit on my couch reading my iPad.  I want to be able to control the Spotify app running on my iphone from my iPad so that I dont have to get up to change anything.

There is a thrid party app called SpotQueue that does this but its clumsy to have to have three apps installed to do something that should only require one.

You already have the ability to control Spotify on a PC... seeing as PCs are becoming less relevant what I have described above is the future.

Please consider this enhancement.

QB
When talking about remotecontrols, maybe it would be a good idea to give the ability to play your playlist at multiple devices at the same time... Eg you are walking through the house and the same list is playing at your pc in your room, iPad in your livingroom, iPhone etc... Or if you want to give a party, everybody could logon on your playlist, you could have the same music in different rooms, your garden, ... without placing speakers throughout the whole house etc...
mattcoom

I've seen other ideas for a remote for spotify and I think it would be the most amazing thing that could be produced by you guys.

But I'm guessing that it would be for premium members. I really think that it would be even better if you made it a separate app form spotify mobile and make it available to unlimited members.

I think this because I think that there arnt too many incentives or rewards for paying a 5er a month for unlimited and this really would be amazing.

stanley_streame

Have you seen this article about remote control for Spotify on iOS devices?

http://howto.cnet.com/8334-11310_39-57491256-6/how-to-remote-control-spotify-with-your-iphone-or-and...

mattcoom

thats a really good thing for people thanks but still isnt possibel between an iphone and a desktop computer