Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remote control.

Hello,

It could be great to be able to remote control my computer Spotify app from the Spotify mobile device app. (iPhone un my case)

Now that Connect has officially been announced and started rolling out, I'll mark this as implemented.

Comments
d4rky

Still no information about this feature? I don't have headphones in my office so I'm using mobile spotify with wifi to listen to the music, it'd be really helpful if I didn't have to play with my phone every time I want to change what I'm currently listening to.

vanzi

+1 for this feature. I have my audio setup connected to the PC running Spotify Premium and being able to manage it from my bed using Android phone would be awesome. I've tried existing (unofficial) tools but they are just plain bad for the most part.

trenna

Agreed the current crop of apps for remotely controlling spotify are woeful. Either implement chromecast support or do this pleasssee spotify 🙂

kzahel

It would be great if this feature would work for the web player, too (on ChromeOS devices that only have the webplayer!)

BeaversAndDucks

Just adding my voice to the choir. Its a feature I would use daily. Rdio pulls this off flawlessly. There is no excuse now! Do it!!!

jazzlover4

I've been wanting some sort of remote control for a while now too.  Just saw this remote control on KickStarter... they claim it will integrate with Spotify.  Am signing up to get one!  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gomo/gomotm-the-mobile-multimedia-and-app-controller

Rocio
Status changed to: Watch this space

Super good news folks,

We´ve marked this idea as "Watch this space" now!

In collaboration with the leaders in home audio, Spotify launches Spotify Connect - a new home audio experience giving you effortless control of your music across your phone, tablet and speakers with millions of songs built right in. Simple, seamless and hassle-free.

Read more about this in Rorey´s post. Will come back to this thread when the rollout starts.

Cool huh?

Thanks to everyone who voted and commented this idea!

SteveBrammer

@Rocio

The new Spotify Connect function is great (or will be when you get around to implementing it on Android sometime in the long, distant and unspecified future) but its not what the poster of this idea is asking for. They want to control Spotify on their desktop PC from their Smartphone. I think there are some 3rd party apps to do this already. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that Spotify connect does not implement this idea.

musicenthu

I am a bit confused here. Will this "Spotify Connect" let user control Spotify on desktop using iphone/ipad ?

Prestige

You're exactly right SteveBrammer. What the poster wanted and what I've been waiting for is to bascially control Spotify on my desktop or smartphone by having the client running on either one of them. Spotify Connect seems cool, but it's not what people really asked for. To be quite honest, what I wanted is what Rdio has.