Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ability to select and copy artist, album and song title as text

Especially useful for non-English titles, but give the option to select and copy the artist, album or title of a song as text. 

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
sideshowjack

Bumping this

It adds accessibility, make it easier to google an artist or song especially if it's in another language, and I don't think it would even take 30 mins to implement for desktop just add a right click option to 'copy artist/song name' 

ToluPOAM

The Need?

Currently users can only copy the URL of songs, even when dragging selected songs/albums/playlists into text edit apps.

The Ask!

Enable an option to copy text information for easy transfer of artist info, track titles and lyrics! 
Either by way of a cursor to be able to select text, and/or an option in the context menu!

krakozor

DO IT!!!

Or more precisely STOP BLOCKING IT!!!

You are deliberatly annoying users.

This is ridiculous.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-10-03

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

linhnvh

2 years later and the most basic function couldn't be implemented. As a software engineer, something so basic of any applications which can be done in 1 or 2 weeks(the most) is not a priority.

Obviously, a lot of users want to copy the song name so they can look it up on google or save the song name somewhere

Yordan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-04-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Tomacawk

This would be great, as 'easy' as it is to grab it from webpage code, it would be so much better to just be able to copy and paste it directly.

Nethaka08

It's funny, I literally had this problem today with a Japanese song and tried to see if I could copy and paste it but couldn't. If this idea is implemented it would be really helpful. 

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

REDARROW101_A5

I really like this idea. I used to be able to do this by highlighting the Music Title and then pasting it into YouTube. This was before I got spotify, but still I like to back up my music to YouTube as I don't currently have premium, so being able to copy the music titles and artists to find songs would be great.