Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
Phungui

You are setting this idea to ‘not right now’.. And you are increasing the price an additional 2-3$.  

Well I'm setting my subscription to ‘kiss my ass’, cancelling my service, just an arrogant punk ass company.  I'll circle back to music streaming when it's out of it's douche bag infancy stage.  

-_- ,,|,

Phungui

49A42451-57F2-44DA-9A62-B71D0B8F01EF.jpeg

Over 3000 votes now. How many more should there be to 'YES right now' this suggestion? Any acknowledgement or consideration or... anything at all?

I don't want to listen of seven billion podcasts about Christine Weston Chandler. I want music, which is what I subscribed for. Why are you raising the prices and not giving us anything extra? All you're doing is giving us stuff we do NOT want and NEVER asked for.

SpicyMcHagis

I don't like Joe Rogen. Buddy sent me a link and I thought it was a song, nope Joe Rogen podcast. It was on for less than 2 seconds. Now all that shows up on my home screen is Joe Rogen podcasts I have zero interest in. Please implement this feature. Let me ignore the garbage I have zero interest in. 

densik

I don't want to see JOE ROGAN **bleep** OFF SPOTIFY

densik

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE JOE ROGAN REPORT THE CONTENT HERE TO OVERWHELM AND **bleep** OFF SPOTIFY:

Contact Customer Support - Spotify

Click report broken track -> CLICK ON BUTTON "I still need help"

Everyone should send a few reports, this will get their attention and change things. They don't care about community posts.

densik

under "About recommendations" in the desktop app:

"In some cases, commercial considerations may influence our recommendations, but listener satisfaction is our priority and we only ever recommend content we think you’ll want to hear. Our recommendations rely on signals from you, so keep on listening to the songs and podcasts you love!"

SO "we only ever recommend content we think you’ll want to hear" WAS A LIE. THANKS.

Half the home page is stuff I will never click or listen, because of this I never use the home page. A lot of people are doing the same. You will never be able to use this page to advertise to your fullest potential in the future. Stop recommending useless stuff and stop wasting space before it's too late and nobody uses this page and you lose out on potential revenue. Stop making idiotic business decisions.

ComradeKelly

Spotify appears to have a political motive here of shovelling a particular world view down everyone's throats...

Let us just see music, its what we all signed up for. 

Emity

I accidentally clicked on a podcast once and now it is the first thing that shows up on my screen every single time along with recommendations for other podcasts. I have to scroll past it and get freaking annoyed at it every single day. I do not ever listen to podcasts, and definitely not the **bleep** that keeps coming up. Please stop!

"Not right now" what else are you doing,  devs? It's not like you're writing the songs. 

What else can be more important than the main access page for your product?