Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
MrBue

However, the new function the ‘Not Interested’ feature does not exist.

It would already be sufficient to remove individual suggestions and/or albums and especially podcasts from the home screen.

bsford16
This is not an option. I have made sure that I am running the most current
version of the app and the ‘Not Interested’ feature does not exist.
#frustrating
MrBue

The new "no interest" function really exists, but NOT on the home page, you have to click the "Music" or "Podcasts" tabs at the top first. There you can then click on "no interest" for each individual album or podcast.

Nice that there is finally this new function, but why so hidden and not simply on the home page? Typical Spotify.

Nobody uses those stupid tabs!!!

edit: ...and podcast episodes that are suggested to me as "episodes you're interested in", that's exactly where this "not interested" doesn't work...SPOTIFY, you just don't get it!!!!

image.jpeg

IMG_3591.jpeg

bsford16
Great, thank you. Happy to see this implemented, but as you say @MrBlue,
strange placement.
wanderphx

11,000+ likes and it isn't enough for Spotify to care enough to even give us a reason beyond "not right now".  Props to finally adding a "not for me feature".  There is still hope!

Still...his tells me the company cares little for the users experience--maybe as an after-thought.   Instead it seems there are other priorities.  Profit maybe?  Maybe they realized that by controlling what people see they can better manipulate behavior to their liking.  Another good software company turns into a profit?-blinded zombie.🧟 🤦

sazin

Why do I have on the Start screen in Episodes for you  as the first - Erotic stories  in my Spotify/ Premium account !  ???
I didn't choose it or set it up, and it's certainly an aggressive campaign... yes, but i dont agree with this..
- result in me ending up using and paying for Spotify

who agrees, give a like even if they move their ass 😞

MJDragon

I am having a problem where the podcast that I didn't follow or interact is on the main home page where it says good morning or good evening. Is there any way to delete the podcast from the home screen.

Is it possible for you guys to add this feature to manage your recently played?

Screenshot 2023-03-03 005703.png
KazimierzOO

I have a podcast that i only played once to check, I did not like it, but now it's lurking on my Spotify home screen forever. It pisses me off and it is unacceptable that I can not remove that sh..t. 

If your status is 'not right now' I'm going to move to Prime Music until this issue is resolved.

havenhillm5

please bring back the feature to Heart a song I miss it very much and it is making Spotify less enjoyable and frustrating bc it would help me to know if I have already listened to that song but now I have to physically click on the song to see if i had heard it before or not which is very time consuming and a inconvenience. The heart was also very pleasing to the eye and made sense now the plus button just doesn’t. is a petition out there to bring back the heart

MrBue

When the "new" Spotify comes, we will have much bigger problems than those with podcasts, etc.

The app could then also be called TikSpot 2.0. 🤢