Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
Persijn

I have put spotify back to factory settings and i love the UI of that but now im missing on some convenient features.. So a setting where you could choose a skin would be pretty awesome. But they do have to have all the settings, and this old UI skin has the possibility to remain usable. 

SR3L

Very upsetting how for many years people keep suggesting themes for Spotify, yet years later, (now in 2018) we are still having the old dark outdated theme. This is disappointing, I just joined not too long ago and I still never saw changes when it comes to themes. Phones nowadays have been sticking with light, white themed apps, and this app sticks with dark. I don't like it since I use an S8 and the navigation bar is white, so contrast is pretty big. I like white theme in general, I might switch to something else looking better.

Dedefit02

100% agree with "Different Skin designed to choose from.

and only for premium users can enjoy more colorful apps.

Doenerpate

Hi,

I suggested Spotify to my mom, who was very interested in it. However, she refused because the white color on dark bagground is to straining for her (admittedly older) eyes.

So, just to let you know, one less customer fo you. My eyes are still fine, but nearly every service is offering custom skins, it feels like you are ignoring a common feature =/

KR

kylethale

I'm still waiting. Spotify's current colors are so dark and miserable.

Blue23

The added feature of being able to change the color from the standard grey green and black would be more than enough for the app. It seemed like a feature that would have been added since every other player has themes or at the very least different colors than the default grey.

ShayAtias

On a sunny day I can't find the buttons neither reading easily text. It's needed for safety

SWIFTRX

Yes please a apple music like theme would be sweet!! Keep supporting this request

tcfromky

Oh please! C'mon Spot!! Let us customize! It's 2018, not 1999! Please?! 

PapiSmurf

Please change your color scheme to white and get rid of that horrible green. I have been using Google play because I can't stand your interface - I'm an interface designer. 

I just re-tried Spotify and gave up after a few minutes.

IT IS SO UGLY!