Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists][Premium] Preview song samples when adding songs to playlists

Bring the ability to preview songs when adding them to a playlist back, it makes it extremely hard to find new music to add to a playlist cause you no longer know what it sounds like without listening to it separately from the add songs list. The feature made it supremely satisfying to make a new playlist and removing this feature ruins the likeability of the app for both me and many other listeners. It's a extreme mistake and I'd highly recommend to add it back not only for ease of UI but for general expansion of music exploration.

Updated on 2022-05-14

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
o3nobr948sq5nyp7svqy

Remember the play button you could press on the recommendation lists? where if you pressed it you could listen to a sample of a song, which could really help you out in knowing what the song was like. Spotify has removed it (or my Spotify is broken) and I wish they could bring it back, it was so easy to know the vibe of a song and what it could bring to the playlist, now you just have to guess and hope for the best. Please bring it back it was such a good feature 

Vasil
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Hey @yourfriendtim780,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of +Votes! 🙂

More info regarding the feature can be found here.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

prakattack

most ridiculous change they've made in a long time.

rustandstardust

There is absolutely NO point in even having an “add songs” functionality if you cannot preview the songs before adding them to the playlist. This was a terrible choice on the part of the devs and needs to be reversed PRONTO. If Spotify is going to keep removing features like this, I will no longer be updating or using my app at all.

Rocmo711

I would genuinely just like somebody who works for Spotify to tell me WHY this was removed. Such an obvious and important feature that had no purpose in being removed. This was the final straw in leading me to believe that Spotify does not care about the people who use it's platform, and only cares about money.

ks72

literally the sample was the only reason i used spotify so i could find new music, now the app is pointless.  sticking with amazon music.  

Frederik81

Was the sample feature also available for free accounts?

Frederik81

Now I’m starting to understand why they might have removed it. Business wise it’s not of interest to them if lots of people were only using a Spotify free account to preview music and then download that music elsewhere.

But why not make it a premium only feature then? I guess axing it was easier. *shrug*

garcia2100

I don't know why they would remove a feature that was already working fine. It makes no sense.

Vynxe

This feature was the main reason to use Spotify over their competitors.

The next platform to put in this feature will get my business.

If anyone knows another service which already has this, I'd really appreciate it if you could refer me to them.