Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Developer] Android 13 Media Player

(This problem is solved on the latest beta version of Spotify for Android, thanks for all who replied and voted to this <3)

Hi, currently the Android version of the app is running in SDK target of 31, because of that, the media player in Android 13 is not fully adapted to it, with the background image in low resolution and no redesign, if you guys update the app to the SDK target of 33 the app will run perfectly in the current version of Android, with the new design, (the problem of low res background is still occuring). Here are some screenshots:

SDK 33 With themed play/pause buttonSDK 33 With themed play/pause buttonSDK 31 With no themed play/pause buttonSDK 31 With no themed play/pause button

Updated on 2022-09-05

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-09-05

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

MattGeff

The fact that this still isn't implemented more than a month after Android 13 release is shameful. A lot of small developers do a far better job at supporting Android than Spotify. I'm so tired of asking for basic stuff all the time. 

SunsOfSagan

OI SPOTIFY.

What are the chances we can get you to stop:

• finding new and horrible ways to push podcasts nobody cares about
  • creating "curated" playlists that all feature the same 11 tracks as each other
  •  gargling Apple's cüm with reckless abandon

for just long enough to apply some basic updates to your Android app?

tommy_chillfige

Where is this at?

pacman_sp

Would love to see this added. I've gotten a few free apps that have already updated to support the new version of Android, meanwhile the app I pay monthly for still hasn't updated. I'm not a developer but I can't imagine this is a huge update. 

Side note. While typing this message I got interrupted TWICE by a pop up asking me to leave feedback. Had to scroll all the way up to dismiss it. Seriously?

J-milla

Hope this happens soon...

tommy_chillfige

How many votes does this need?

sep22

No matter how many votes this gets it won't get done. They just make these pages for us to vent and pretend like they're listening

tommy_chillfige

Jammie16
Hi, the new design is already present in the latest beta version of spotify
guys, thanks for listening us spotify team and thanks for all who vote on
this thread ❤️