Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Improve the Spotify icon for rounded icons

Hello! The android Spotify icon recently got updated with a black border. For anyone with a dark or black wallpaper, the icon now appears to be smaller than all the other icons on the phone because the black blends in the the backdrops, making it look really off-putting and out of place.

Looked a lot nicer when the logo took up the whole space! Not sure if iPhone users would have the same issue, but it would make sense they do.

HopwHopef this can be easily adjusted!

Updated on 2019-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
hellerj8675

For the love of God. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the whole design department of Spotify needs to be changed. At least for Android. Please change the icon back it looks so dumb on a black background

Alenjak7

@Samwise98 I'm with you. While I have not canceled premium (yet), I can see how if the multitude of weird changes and issues continue with me, I could easily switch to a competitor.

This is the first time I have the idea "Spotify design became awful"... I thought everything is going towards to a better direction after the main change last year. And this...

iOldMonk

The new icon is hideously bad. And when you have dark wallpaper the icon looks smaller. 

iosk

Even on lighter backgrounds, the black border icon really looks super bad. Not sure why it was changed in the first place..

butler1233

It looks really bad too. What is the purpose of the black border? It doesn't match any other Spotify branding and completely goes against android icon design guidelines. 

zkdlfmaos

at first, I honestly thought that I did something wroung with spotify setting.

that's why I searched on google how to put the icon back to the original lol

well I guess it wasn't only me that don't like the udated icon huh

coffeecrazy98

agree!! thank-you for posting

haphop

It should be changed back. I found my way to this thread after Googling the cause of a black ring around the icon. Not a good thing if your customers start thinking there is a problem with the app. 

Mrl0

This is a circle inside a circle. Not a good design choice. It feels like it has a very bold border. It's possible to leave the icon like it was before when is round and when is square or another form just add the black?