Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Back the Offline Devices List page

Bring back the offline devices list on the account page. it makes it easier to see what d

Updated on 2020-10-13

Hey folks,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any plans to reimplement right now.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
segmentlime

What is the rationale for not having a feature that would allow a user to remove a device from their account?   It seems like there are many legitimate scenarios whereby this would be most convenient.   Why not make your service more convenient and easier to manage for your users? 

Saying "We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any plans to reimplement right now" without any rationale for why this is the case makes it seem that you are insensitive to your customer's needs, and as well so arrogant that you can't even be bothered to make the effort to help your customers understand otherwise.  

b_young

Please bring this back, Spotify.  I think we should be able to control our offline devices. When we sell/lose/give away a device, we should be able to manage that from our account.  Not being able to control our list of connected devices is a big loss to those of us who like to control our data and privacy.  Please consider bringing this very important feature back.

corumeach

Using the vote and comment sections here is useless. It's just for marketing reasons "hey we DO care". Having 768 or 2.536 votes for a feature means nothing if you have millions of paying customers. The tone of teh comments should worry Spotify about having an unhappy community, but what really matters is whether you have a paying community. And as long as millions of people stomach the steep price increases, the non-delivery of promised services (license issues - song not available for forever) and don't go back to downloading music and running a local music player app, they are fine with everything else. It's the fault of us, the customers, only. We willingly and carelessly embraced the streaming era, now we suffer from it's limitations and troubles. You don't own anything anymore, after you became the product.

Itsjoshfaw

Bring it back for paying accounts , it gives the user full control over an app that they PAY FOR!

Harry55

Striping paying customers of their privacy for the benefit of -. At least explain why it was removed. 

hyugzz

Guys ffs bring it back, as some users said, it is useful to keep track if the account has been sold online, and it is honestly something that had no apparent reasons (to users at least) for removal.

Or at least give us a VALID reason why you got it off.

carlosclaudio63

So just how many replies do you need to accept that removing the feature was a bad idea?!?! BRING IT BACK!

ooeebbpp

Removing this feature should propably conceal the fact, that your database is falling apart. How you should expect people paying premium, when they are unable manage their devices? This is a no-brainer act which only brings a bad blood.

nkelly11

How is this not a priority? This can be a great way to keep an eye on the security of your account. I'm experiencing issues right now with my device repeatedly pausing while I'm listening. I don't really want to logout of all of my devices and change my password without knowing that it's actually going to fix the problem...

ilovehada

Spotify welcomes piracy and fraudulent uses of its own app it seems... This is the second time I've had to change my password because some folks keep using my profile. I noticed the first time when playlists suddenly appear on my profile and, now, the app recommends me to come back to playlists I've never listen.

Pirates are more cautious and subtle in the use of stolen accounts and, definitely, seeing which devices are connected would help to change the password and/or kick them out of my profile.

BTW, I'm using complicated passwords like b5x!fF##WG4nMc and things like that but, still, I got cracked again...