Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Daily Mix] Customization: Create / Remove / Add / Merge Mixes

Daily Mixes is one of the best additions to Spotify yet, but as all new features it has room for a lot of improvement, especially when it comes to customizing your mixes. Right now mixes are enterily dependent on algorithms, however I think users should have a degree of personal input on how mixes are built. For example, it would be great if users could select a couple of songs and then have Spotify create a mix based on those songs. It would also be great if users could remove a mix and replace it with another, or merge different mixes into one. For example, Spotify created two different EDM mixes for me, one based on house music, and another based on tech house tracks. I find that a little redundant and I would like to merge both mixes into one. There's also another mix which is a weird combination of ambient, IDM, downtempo and indie rock tracks (?). I would like to split that mix in two, one for indie rock and another for IDM, downtempo and ambient music. And then there's a pop/R&B mix which I'd like to replace entirely with a jazz music mix, since I don't listen to that much mainstream pop and R&B music in the first place.

Expanding the number of daily mixes to 8 would be great as well, since 6 mixes doesn't quite cover the variety of music I tend to listen to. Finally, being able to add back to mixes songs or artists that you banned on accident is a must.

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

You can create your own generated mixes by selecting Radio on any track, album or song you like - which will generate a playlist of similar songs. As mentioned in the idea, you could make a playlist of a couple of songs and then select 'Radio' by clicking the three dots to make your own funky mix. 

We have no further information on removing unwanted Daily Mixes, but we'll keep this idea open and keep you posted of any news here. 

Thanks!

Comments

please, I have 5  and they take up to much space on my iphone

we should have the option to delete

why is spotify so user unfriendly 

@drarrey wrote:

It would be really great if we were given the option to reset a daily mix or simply just to eradicate it to make room for more.

I have four of these mixes but two of them are just simply not in my taste anymore.

please, I have 5  and they take up to much space on my iphone

we should have the option to delete

why is spotify so user unfriendly 

Jtpav10
Below is a response from Spotify. It took a long time, but I finally got rid of a mix I didn't want.

No worries, you can tap while it plays so it won’t crop up in your mix again. You’ll also get the option to remove all songs by that artist

thanks

tried this 

where to tap  on the playlist to remove?

am using iphone 6s+  ios11 

Jtpav10
You need to start playing the Daily mix, then click on the up symbol at the bottom left of the screen. There will be a circle with a line through it at the bottom right. Click on it and it won't play the song again. There will also be an option to not play any songs from that artist as well. It takes a long time and several days and weeks to eliminate everything from the mix because Spotify keeps adding different artists to the mix.
got it
thanks

I tried this:

"No worries, you can tap while it plays so it won’t crop up in your mix again. You’ll also get the option to remove all songs by that artist"

I just got more Disney and Musicals. It's like you don't even know me Spotify... On iPhone it just have me errors when trying to "Dislike". Totally not sold on the Daily Mix feature.

Jtpav10
It's a real pain and a long process to get rid of all the songs. Spotify will keep adding songs and artists until you delete them all. I found it better to delete artists when you can, then you can get rid of a whole bunch of songs at once.
di4bolik4l

I really like the ideas of daily playlists, but I think we need to have the freedom to delete one, because Spotify populated one of my playlists with music i dont listen to. It's too hard to go through the entire playlist removing songs, instead, would be nice if you could delete and and then pick a song/existing playlist and have Spotify populate a daily from that. 

bozodingdong

I love the mixes, but right now they regionalize your taste—I'd like to be able to drag them into each other to create a collective mix of various genres.