Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Keyboard Hotkey to queue Track(s)

I often browse my playlist and would love to be able to just quickly press something like the Q key to add the selected song(s) to the queue. Now I have to use my mouse again and it gets pretty annoying to quickly add songs to the playqueue.

Would love to have it more work like it did in programs like WinAmp. There you could just press Q to add the song to the queue, select multiple songs and in the playlist queue you could easily rearrange the songs. Now in Spotify it's a little harder to perform these things.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
pri

Mac - Ctrl+click then Queue the song is too tedious. I start listening to a song and then pick out songs I want to listen to next, this just makes it annoying. Need an icon next to play to enqueue song!

iPhone - on the iPhone I could not find a way to queue up a song... even if it's present it's hard to find. I have to constantly wait for song to end and then play the next one. Make this easy!!

bradavon

Agreed.

I'd prefer an option in Preferences to make Queue the default option when double clicking. I almost always want to Queue instead of Play a track right now. It doesn't have to be the default option.

There's a similar thread on the old forum here:

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/make_queue_the_default_option_when_double_clicking

+1 for an option for double clicking (or selecting in the iPhone app) to queue.

Like above this is almost always what I'd like to do, and would be best for interupting playlists, especially when on shuffle!

On the odd occasions I want to switch right away, I would be more than happy to double click (or select) and then skip the current track.

c00a5b709b609c8

This has to be the most consistantly ignored suggestion in Spotify's history.

meenie

+1, Yes please!  Seems like this has been something that people have been asking for since the beginning days of Spotify.  If you can create such a bitch'n application like Spotify then adding in a hotkey to queue a song up shouldn't be too difficult....would it??

monahancj

My biggest pain point in Spotify, and possibly my only real complaint.  How Spotify handles this drives me nuts.

reesd

I agree on both having a modifier-click and being able to have queue the default action. Rhapsody has both (and has forever).

reesd
reesd
tylercollier
Yes yes please!!! The mouse one is more important to me, but I use add-to-queue much more often than play.