Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Radio] Modifiable Thumbs up/down

1) Change Thumbs up to Thumbs Down

2) Change Thumbs down to Thumbs up

3) Remove thumbs up

4) Remove thumbs down

5) See a list of your thumbs up for a playlist

All of these should exist, if not in the app at least on the website.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

It seems like this idea has evolved into a lot of different threads over the years. Quite a lot of the features requested do exist, so I'm going to mark this as implemented - but if you feel like your specific idea isn't there please feel free to make a new idea

As a heads up, Thumbs up/down has been replaced by the Heart/Remove symbol across all platforms. Let's address some of the main ideas that have been implemented:

• It is now possible to undo Heart or Dislike actions in your Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. If you Heart a song, simply tap the Heart again to get rid of it.
  • When tapping the Dislike button, you'll get a choice of 'Don't play this song' or 'Don't play this Artist'. Tapping either will prompt an Undo option at the bottom of the screen for if you hit it by mistake, or your cat walked over your screen (@dredel)

Screenshot_20190523-115834_2.jpg

• Tapping Heart will save that song to Your Library, so you can head there to check out all the songs you've liked. This will also include Songs and Albums you've saved in other areas of the app. I couldn't find an idea for a playlist specifically of just liked songs (without the rest of the library) so it would be a good suggestion for a new idea.

I hope this clears some things up.

Comments
togume

Hi all - it feels like part of the issue with this idea is that it's too large in scope. The way that the original idea is written is hard to prioritize for a product owner/manager, and it should likely be broken down into digestible user stories.

For example, the biggest one that I encounter, and the reason for being here, is that I screw up liking vs. disliking a song in Radio (and now in Daily Playlists). As such, I vote there be two different asks/user stories, for each part of the app (unlikely that it's a shared component across all the features that use this type of functionality).

Radio: Ability to undo "thumb" actions

As a radio user, I would like to be able to undo/cancel a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" when I make a mistake or change my mind through a song, so that my preferences are not incorrectly tracked/recorded in the application and future recommendations be tainted.

Daily Mix: Abilty to undo "heart" and "don't play" actions

As a daily mix user, I would like to be able to undo/cancel a "heart" or "don't play" when I make a mistake or change my mind through a song, so that my preferences are not incorrectly tracked/recorded in the applicationand future recommendations be tainted.

Remember that there's likely a lot of smarts behind this, and it's not just creating the action on the app - this is hitting a backend through an API, which is then used to effect changes on your experience. Undoing something might just be so much more complex than we can imagine, to the point that it doesn't make sense for the team to prioritize.

That said... please, please, give us this, Spotify!

giantslor
Yes, this is what I think is causing the delay in implementing this
feature. I seriously doubt it's something that could be easily done in five
minutes, as some have insisted.
_Shorty-dammit
Any calculations done on your input are redone every single time you make
any change. It *has* to be done that way in order for it to even do
anything with your input. Therefore, it is impossible for it not to be a
quick and dirty fix.
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2017-02-21

Hey everyone, we're back to change this idea status to 'Good Idea'. We do know that users want a way to change their thumbs up/ thumbs down, as well as a way to give us overall feedback about their recommendations and Radio stations. We don't have anything in the plans for the upcoming months but we'll let you know if and when we have news on this. Thanks!

_Shorty-dammit

So, just another four years or so until you actually implement it then? 😄

togume

Thanks, @Meredith!

Shortly after posting my comment I managed to ruin one of my favorite Radio stations - I was working away on my computer with my phone right by me, when I thumbs-upped a song I meant to dislike; total fat-fingered user error, but that meant that other songs came on which I did not like. I did it AGAIN, and now it's all but playing things I don't like.

Since you (Spotify) seems to be betting more and more into personalization/recommendations, this is a core feature for making sure you're capturing valid data from your users.

Oh - quick idea for this thread and the health of this idea: is it possible to change the name/title of this post to 'Ability to undo "thumbs" and "like" actions in Radio and recommended mixes/playlists.' That seems more digestible than the current title.

stonew508

for the love of god, you just click the thumbs up button AGAIN to undo it like every music app on the planet. this shouldn't even be a discussion. It's rediculous this isn't possible. I clicked thumbs up by accident, now I can't undo it. DUMB.

zeoh

How do you not have this feature? What is wrong with your prioritization of work? Someone should be fired. 

Rastab_

Should definately be added !!! The fact theres no thumb down feature is literally my only problem with the app. 

t3hd0rk

For as long as Spotify has been out and the amount of posts, threads, and comments abut this topic, I am surprised this has not been added.  I hope this gets some priority but I won't hold my breath.  It's why I use Spotify for custom playlists and pandora for radio stations.  They have a much better set up for this.