Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] Toggle on/off the dynamic background color of the lyrics feature.

Hi,

It’s a bit sad to see the similar ideas have been closed. But it shows that other folks have the same feeling as me. We all enjoyed the lyrics function. However, some of the background colors are too bright to watch.

I was hoping that there is a toggle to turn on/off the dynamic color. And, when turning it off, I can choose a color I like as the fixed background color.

Thank you!

Updated on 2022-03-21

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
speilbilde

Just Googled to see if this was possible after coming across an absolutely terrible black/white on bright red. Can't paste a photo into my comment for whatever reason, but it was bad enough for me to bother logging in here to specifically add my support to this "suggestion". Please fix this, the feature is actually unusable for certain albums in it's current state.

yekta1

this is really annoying especially on nights, most music has bright covers and blinds you at the night.

pospicek

After years of waiting for lyrics to be included, you surprised me... and make this stupid thing - dynamic colored background. The red one is really, really bad choice!

starkillercringe

I decided to register to this just to support this change.

If making it customizable is too hard at least all background colors should be muted as a general rule. No absolute bright colors like this red.

The unnecessary eye strain users get from this cant be justified, dynamic backgrounds are a cool idea but the actual color options are just not practical. 

starkillercringe_1-1640163728205.png

syqrefind

Keep doing what you are doing. The lyrics colors look fine to me. 

NickRSA

The lyric feature is not usable in its current state. It is not worth using the lyrics at the expense of my retinas. This suggestion should be considered with a sense of urgency. With the entire web and app world implementing dark themes we have Spotify implementing a wonderful lyric feature with a blinding light.

NickRSA_0-1641429585713.png

Ackroshka

Screenshot 2022-01-09 214148.png

Okay this is very very red one... for no reason, dynamic background coloring should have disable switch

zlueta

This suggestion has been going on for more than a year now. Please listen to your users or try staring at those lyrics with bright af background for more then 2 minutes and let us know how your eyes feel.

Veroneca

And I think the HUGE lyric font size should be adjustable by users, too. And the timeline of lyrics, normally they will be a little before or late than the proper time.

Dynamic background color may be able, but some high bright color should be pass.

pooreyes

Or at least give an option to allow us to choose our own static background color or toggle dynamic background on/off.  Most of the time the algorithm gives me pinks and reds and oranges - I can barely see the words that are black on them - an upbeat song doesn't mean that it needs to have a red background.

Also, while I'm glad that this topic is open again, just because there isn't a lot of vote at the start, it doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't users interested in having this changed.  For a long, long time, I just stopped using lyrics feature rather than take the time to search the forums for this...

I hope that there will be a resolution soon for this.  Thank you.