Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Airplay 2 Support for iOS

New idea for earlier closed ideas:

Experiencing delay with Spotify when streaming to multiple Airplay 2 devices. Works with Apple Music 

Updated on 2021-08-07

Hello everyone,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. To clarify, Spotify will support Airplay 2. Please continue to use this thread to add your votes and comments.

We’ll post updates when they become available.

Comments
ethanshen18

Going to switch to Apply Music soon because this problem is still not fixed after a year. How hard can it be?????

This feature is extremely important for many users! 

philip_labbe

Is this problem going to be fixed?

Spaceboy88

Really hope this gets added. AirPlay 2 has been out for a while now and it's a joke that this hasn't been implemented yet.

woddymustard

It's almost two years ago Airplay 2 was introduced! Please give us more information about your roadmap and if this feature is included. Except the hassle, there is no reason for me to switch to Apple Music.

JWG

Any update on this being implemented?

brewmast3r

Any update on this? Spotify, this has been an option for quite some time. Is this even on your roadmap?

ATOM21CS

how is it possible airplay 2 is still not implemented? very poor Spotify and a reason for many people to switch to Apple Music!

Spaceboy88

What are you talking about? Unless I'm missing something, Spotify on iOS already DOES support AirPlay 2. I'm able to select multiple AirPlay devices to output to at once on Spotify and have been able to for over a year now. 

ATOM21CS

I don’t know about you but I still have the AirPlay 1-typical 2 second delay when skipping pausing etc.

Spaceboy88
I'm not sure that's an AirPlay 2 vs. AirPlay 1 thing though. I see
similar delays with other AirPlay 2 devices outside of Spotify.