Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Airplay 2 Support for iOS

New idea for earlier closed ideas:

Experiencing delay with Spotify when streaming to multiple Airplay 2 devices. Works with Apple Music 

Updated on 2021-08-07

Hello everyone,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. To clarify, Spotify will support Airplay 2. Please continue to use this thread to add your votes and comments.

We’ll post updates when they become available.

Comments
MusicSpot

Please give us AirPlay 2 support already!

RobertoNM

Without AirPlay 2 support on iOS devices other competing streaming services have a competitive advantage over Spotify (including Apple's own service).

They should realize that they aren't hurting Apple for not implementing it, they are hurting themselves. It is less likely that an Apple user would switch the Apple ecosystem because of this rather than switching streaming services.

Wise up Spotify!

CupricCO_3

Adding myself to this list. I just got a HomePod and was surprised to find out that 4 years after its introduction Spotify still doesn’t support Airplay 2. As it is the Airplay 1 enforced delay makes Spotify unusable on my HomePod. I’ve been a long time user of Spotify but considering adding or switching to Apple Music for better HomePod support. (see also native playback support now that iOS 14.5 is out) 

Ghaaaa

Also seriously annoyed by this. Thought I had an issue with my setup, but it ‘just’ turns out to be Spotify. The experience from the Apple TV app is even worse, with multi room playback not working at all

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 500 votes! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

TreyWay887

Really embarrassing that this still hasn’t happened. 

Ghaaaa

The status has changed to ‘good suggestion’ though. Guess we’re on to something here 😉

snake302

**bleep** it’s still 2 seconds delay with homepod

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

WillSkinnr

It feels as though Spotify actively neglects adopting features that are important to Apple users, due to Spotify's ongoing tantrum with Apple over App store commission. If this is the case, please stop. It's frustrating, especially seeing as many users signed up outside of the appstore in support of Spotify's stance. Spotify neglecting these features doesn't change how users feel about Apple, it just creates frustration towards Spotify. If this is not the case, and it's just that Spotify is painfully slow at adopting standards released years ago, Spotify should make its' investors aware that “MAUs” will drop as users realise that Spotify isn't interested in creating a product that they can use.