Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Airplay 2 Support for iOS

New idea for earlier closed ideas:

Experiencing delay with Spotify when streaming to multiple Airplay 2 devices. Works with Apple Music 

Updated on 2021-08-07

Hello everyone,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. To clarify, Spotify will support Airplay 2. Please continue to use this thread to add your votes and comments.

We’ll post updates when they become available.

Comments
Noel18

miniburbs36, this bugs me too but I don't think Apple gives developers a way to list or select AirPlay devices directly so there would be no way to join Spotify Connect, Chromecast, Bluetooth and AirPlay into one menu. All apps can do is trigger the native audio routing menu which is unfortunately buried in the Spotify app.

Ghaaaa
This is exactly how it works in the current Spotify app, right? Pressing Bluetooth/Airplay triggers the native menu.
sehendrickson

@xenia are there any updates on when AirPlay 2 will be supported on Apple TV?

oli206

Posting just to show that this is very much wanted. I've been using Spotify for many years and I just got a homepod mini recently. I kind of assumed that Spotify would work out of the box but I was so disappointed when i googled it and found out that this is not implemented yet. Please spotify, prioritize this! 

It's as if Netflix didn't work with displays higher than 1080p, it's that stupid to not have this feature already.

lkajsdflkj

Joining the chorus. It is so annoying to realize that Spotify is making such poor use of Apple APIs and protocol. No native HomePod support. No airplay 2. Keep up with the times Spotify!

fenak

+1.

I've been a Spotify customer for a long time, and we're mostly an Apple home here. I've been trialing Apple Music, and if it wasn't for the poor experience on a Windows computer, I'd be set to shutdown my Spotify account.

The AirPlay 2 protocol has been out for years, and it does make a difference with the hybrid set of speakers we have around.

Still got a few months to decide if we'll keep Apple Music and ditch Spotify. I do prefer the Spotify recommendations and music discovery features by far, but it's really really annoying to use with our multi-room setup.

Mushka

Any updates?

bmcintyre17124

I wish Spotify would give us a time frame as to when this will happen.

alexander2001i

Any updates? It is really annoying to have to use my phone when I'm working but want to play music on my speakers

Bega2901

Thank you for apologizing and then doing nothing. It shows how much you care.