Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
vzkj55

This is one of the most important and best feature of the Spotify app. This was one of the key reason for choosing Spotify, esp when you often want to download albums because you are travelling.

Most people just didn't know that feature because your change log on iOS is very, very poor, all it says that you made updates (of course if you release a new version). This is absolutely unprofessional and needs improvement.

And please, bring back the touch preview.

fediaxxx

3D Touch album preview! When you planning to restore this feature, it was very helpful!!! 

Jcostanz

Please bring the touch feature back!!! Why would you guys remove that?? It was an excellent feature that was used by many. 

Jcostanz

I'm considering moving to Tidal. This was one of the only reasons I was with you guys. Please bring the touch feature back. 

tscott

Wow. Very disappointed to find this feature removed. I discovered tons of new music using touch to preview but now all the fun of exploring is gone. Terrible move, Spotify. I really hope you’ll reconsider and bring this back. 

Jake_1856

So bummed!!! I loved this feature...I think not a lot of ppl used it cuz they didn't no it excisted...if y'all advertised it more, I'll bet my bottom dollar EVERYONE would be using this and others would switch streaming services cuz no one else has this as nicely as Spotify does...pls bring it back 

bassicspace

I used this feature every day, it was extremely useful for finding new music. I really hope this feature is brought back, I remember how amazed I was when I first used the app and hard pressed a song to preview it. Such an amazing feature Spotify had that other music apps don't have. 

Plz Spotify :'(

ramiroespada

Please bring it back as a user preference parameter, so it can be switch on/off by users who loves/hates it!  

SieraRupe

Coming from a person who loves to find new music this was very disappointing, and has caused me to stop using the all altogether. It makes it that much harder to listen to/look up new music. Boooo

MogsMay

Really lame. Loved touch preview to discover new music. Spotify really serves no purpose for me anymore. Not going to waste my time making playlists with music I already own, or can easily own. Bummer.