Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
tryingtothink

I sent this to What HiFi having noted their article about Amazon adding hirez etc like Apple ( and unlike Spotify).

I used **bleep** should anyone else fancy mailing.

Good evening
Please see link to Spotify forum.
I am really wondering why there is no media coverage of Spotify, having asked for access, now refusing to even acknowledge by far the most voted for idea on the forum. Not that any votes should have been needed.
Is there not an article in this? Spotify might engage with the media when it does not engage on it's own forum.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Implement-Native-HomePod-Support/idc-p/5160674#M2144...

Yours faithfully
Dr G Goundry

tryingtothink

Ahh, not allowed to use email.

Joe dot cox at futurenet dot com

lisa_reiber

The first sentence I tried on my Homepod Mini was “Hey Siri, play my favorite songs on Spotify” ... ten minutes later I am here in this forum and cannot believe it! No native spotify support for HomePods? No engagement with all the users asking for it? I’ll try the free-period of Apple Music now and then decide. But I think in the long run, laziness will win.

ZJack

Yay 3500 votes party!

Partner just got an M1 mac for work and her Spotify keeps crashing repeatedly, even when not being used, and producing otherwise erratic behaviour which led me back to this forum. That M1 Mac native support idea has over 2300 votes and still no reply there either.

Man, Spotify must have already written off all Apple product users as a loss, considering that it's only a matter of time until we switch to Apple Music? 

ZJack_0-1621334779294.png

lverg

Just  transferred over (very easily with SongShift!) my playlists to Deezer for a three-month trial and am loving it. It's quite easy to copy Spotify's own playlists into your own and then move them over to Deezer this way actually. Would definitely recommend!

abricko

Better hurry and catch up:

https://9to5mac.com/2021/05/18/spotify-hifi-imminent-launch/

What a bunch of losers they are!

lou138

So anyone from Spotify to comment on the roadmap plan for homepod support? It would be nice to get some update finally. 

abricko

Gee... I think Apple also has podcasts and the homepod natively supports it...

Yet more features NO ONE CARES ABOUT:

https://9to5mac.com/2021/05/18/spotify-auto-podcast-transcription/

Please don't ever reply to this thread Spotify... we'll just keep assuming you hate Apple and a large portion of your (or soon to be former) customer base.

I'm normally not one to comment, but I've been watching this ticket for the last few months and the support response has been completely lackluster. 😞

The last day of WWDC (June 11th, 2021) is my hard cutoff date; if Spotify hasn't announce plans to add Homepod Mini support by then I'll be closing down my account and moving to Apple Music.

MRKSB

Airplay 2 is not an solution, native Spotify is, and should behave similar as Spotify connect does on smart speakers. I’ve been waiting for Spotify for ages to support idevices and I do love Spotify service, but this lack of support is really pushing me away and considering Apple Music every day, even though I’ll miss Spotify