Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
tryingtothink
Out of curiousity--someone earlier posted that they were finding that
Spotify worked less well with more up to date Apple devices. Do you have a
recent edition phone?
LofiCassette

Clearly, Spotify cares little about the experience of Apple users. With this idea being so highly requested, having an immense amount of votes and comments, Spotify made it evident that it will not even attempt to make a half-ass solution for this problem. I used to be a big fan of Spotify and their app, but with this nonsense I will join the many other Spotify users who are switching to apple music. Way to test your user loyalty Spotify, I hope it pays off

ziggy7

I cancelled my Spotify Premium subscription  a few days ago after 5+ years.

I’m sure there must be a reason why they are not implementing this feature, even if the reason is “we don’t want to”, whatever it is, it’s too late now, time to move on. 
As an Apple user, I doubt it will make sense to come back unless Spotify comes up with  something to compete against Dolby Atmos.

Tip for users planning on moving to Apple Music, the SongShift app will migrate only one playlist for free, for multiple playlists you’ll need to subscribe, migrate your playlists, then cancel the subscription so you don’t get charged again after 30 days.

Jasonoftheparks

Please Spotify! We're begging you!

tryingtothink

And now we can sync Spotify with Phillips Hue. But over 4K votes and they won't let us speak to our HomePods. Wow.

abricko

It's not personal at all for Spotify.  I'm sure there was a money deal with Phillips/Hue that's how it got done so quickly.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/09/02/spotify-ceo-says-apples-app-store-sign-up-changes-still-unfair/

What's more unfair than app store, Spotify putting their customers (who actually make them money) second.

Shame on you Spotify.  By now, we all know you're the **bleep** in this situation as much as you try to paint Apple in bad light.

Enjoying Apple Music and the ease at multi room audio.  Watch out when that lossless/spatial audio update drops for the homepods!

lllibailll

Can we get this already, please? Taking your users as hostage for your legal battles is not a good idea. This alongside AirPlay 2 should have been implemented so long ago, and yet here we are, waiting for it while considering Apple Music.

miniburbs36

Our whole home uses airplay 2 for multi-room because Spotify connect won't let us do multi-room with various brands/types of speakers. It would be great if you could select which options for streaming you want available in the home in the native listening on select a device menu, so devices that are connect and airplay 2 compatible only show up as one option or whichever way the user prefers. This is infuriating, and navigating two levels deep to get to airplay 2 over connect seems flawed when connect doesn't offer multi-room as a better alternative.

Raiu

Why isn't this available yet? Maybe I need to take my family plan to apple music. 

nono22

This would be extremely helpful and make my experience using Spotify a lot better.