Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
tryingtothink
Maybe now they have made some progress with their grievance with Apple
finances they may stop behaving as they are towards their paying customers.
I actually haven't grasped quite why other firms think they have the right
to dictate to Apple how Apple should behave. They do have the right not to
use the Apple platform if they don't like it. I'd quite like to understand
this better. But I'd more like to be able to set Spotify as default on my
HomePod.

for all that is holy add this feature like it’s so basic what are you waiting for 

Chrispeaces

iOS 15 is live and still no support from Spotify at the homepods... Can't understand this!!! Maybe i should switch to Apple Music?!

p0wer

Hey, this is really weird! When do you add HomePod support? Already paying for two services and looks like Spotify gonna go to trash.

WhyDontYouDoIt

I'm definitely thinking of switching... Right now I also have to pay for both Apple Music and Spotify and this is getting outrageous?

Absolutely horrible...

_ibaew-649gl

I will be making the switch at the end of the month. As well as the lack of native Homepod support, my 4 years as a student (using student premium) is coming to it's end and despite being a PhD student, Spotify will not extend my account.

I will be switching to my free 6 months of Apple Music, and then to Apple Music & Apple TV+ for student pricing.

Kimbl

Maybe we should open a new thread every day, so that they have to mark them as a duplicate manually.

I am pretty sure that they muted this thread because they don‘t care about how much the users want this feature.

tryingtothink
Could this be done?
spooky_alien

When will this be implemented? Any timeline? It has been a year since Apple is announced and released the capability to have native support for third party music apps on HomePod.

Maleis

I think it’s really ridiculous that Spotify won’t give an update on the implementation for the HomePod. Why can’t you even give us a timeline?