Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Sirez

For me and all of my friends this is definitely a reason in the long term to switch to a supported streaming service.

+1 for the integration

Chris72er

I received a half-year Apple Music gift from Apple and have already transferred most of my playlists to Apple Music. The HomePod integration is already really good and if Spotify still hasn't managed to support the HomePod natively in half a year, I will switch to Apple Music after more than 7 years of Spotify membership. It's that simple. I think it's really bad that Spotify is ultimately letting their users off the hook for the trouble with Apple.

eprothro

A friend as they watch me pull up my phone and airplay Spotify to my HomePod: “why don’t you just ask Siri to play it?”

🤦‍♂️

You’re about to lose a long-time family plan customer to Apple. 

WhyDontYouDoIt

Maybe we can reach them out via twitter...

If any of you are willing to act there help out on this post: https://twitter.com/WhereUA18833760/status/1442396999781814274

tryingtothink
Done
alasdair009
Good idea - done
Tessiere

This is the only feature I want from Spotify 

Hi Spotify,

It is really disappointing to see there is absolutely no progress regarding the native support of HomePods. Me and my family are using several HomePods and Spotify for years. My daughters and my wife already changed over to AppleMusic and I will do the same if there will be no native support in near future. There is just one Podcast left what is keeping me using Spotify.

Best regards

Stephan

seba80
Hi there,

i have been using spotify for ages via a premium account and in generel i am actually satisfied with spotify. 
But this feature, which has long been desired by a large number of users, clearly shows that spotify does not seem to be dependent on us individual users.
I also work for a software manufacturer and if we had a feature request with 94 pages of comments from our users ... no idea, because it has never come that far!

if there are technical (or even legal or antitrust reasons) that speak against an implementation, then simply inform your paying customers! but not reacting at all ...
WhyDontYouDoIt

I just sent them another email:

Hello,

I cannot explain how very much devastated and disappointed I and THOUSANDS of other people are with your response.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Implement-Native-HomePod-Support/idc-p/5272718#M2331...

94 pages. Yes, 94 pages. And still absolutely zero response from Spotify what, when and even IF this will be implemented.

We’re paying a lot of money just to be ignored by your teams.

This is outrageous and simply horrible.

I know the person reading this is not really to be blamed for, but this is just unacceptable.

We’ve tried reaching you via Twitter. We’ve tried reaching you via “Vote in our community on your ideas**bleep**.

Thank you very much and please make some changes and at LEAST reply and inform people.