Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
NoahLikeTheArk

Oh snap, Apple Music does lyrics? Damnit Spotify, get**bleep** together. Lack of HomePod support must be related to some Amazon/Alexa agreement. I don’t see any other reasonable explanation. When this free trial expires, so will my Spotify subscription as I fortify my switch. 

Decorum

This PLEASE!!!! 

Airplay messes up all the time whenever I just to connect spotify through my iPhone to my Homepod or Homepod Mini. 

GETAppleMusic

Spotitfy should implement this asap will switch to Apple Music if they don't implement it soon. 

tryingtothink
Yes. And I wonder how many people with Minis stuck with Apple Music because
of this. I gather they are popular. And perhaps more numerous than the
original HomePod which was rather pricier.

furfoot

Just cancelled my family sub in exchange for an Apple One sub due to this issue.

papawar

It's in both companies best interest to do this. Give it to us already.

KaravanKmdr

Hello! My HomePod mini is dope, and I would love to get more for my house (especially now that they've announced new colors as of this morning), but the only thing holding me back is lack of Spotify support. AirPlay is fine, but gets in the way of those spontaneous moments of tossing a playlist on while I'm cooking or cleaning. Please please please consider homekit support for Spotify. I know mostly Apple people, but I don't know any of them that use Apple Music—we're all Spotify people. 

TheDibbs

Spotify, stop being childish, and add support, thank you.

NoahLikeTheArk

I just canceled my Premium account because after more than a year, this hasn't been escalated to "Under Consideration" status. I suggest that we all stop voting with this button and start voting with our money. Shame to the Spotify Development Team.

pate_rico84

Just cancelled a duo subscription for Apple Music.
Won’t be coming back anytime soon if this isn’t addressed.