Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Takotsubo

Cmon guys, add AirPlay 2 support...

xawieur

Native support of Apple HomePod devices. Why?

- possibility to switch to HomePod from any Spotify equipped device (similarly like through Spotify Connect)

- no need to stream from iPhone

- Siri control of HomePod will start musing directly from Spotify, not from Apple Music where I don't have any subscription.

buzzfletcherv

PLEASE hurry up with this I dream of telling Siri to play via Spotify without having to use the app first.

prydda

homepod (16) added support for more countries which will bring more homepod users, would be great to have spotify integration to the devices! 

Vasil
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-09-20

Hey @xawieur,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this Idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - you can support it by adding your vote to it!

Cheers!

tryingtothink
Mr Ek appears quite focused on making even more money, but I do wonder if
even this will engage his behaviour.

G4b1t0

I' sorry Spotify team but I'm moving to Apple Music. Sad not hearing from you. Just cancelled my Spotify subscription and for my family too. 😴

filippo_xodo

I don’t really understand what the problem is with apple speakers (homepod). Why still no native support after two years from this topic? Your service should be available in every way, independently from the device.

Von__

I’m really upset that the requested function is still not completed for years. When I use AirPlay to play music via Spotify, it’s a pain that the song occurs a lag for many times. I really hope Spotify would fix the problem before I switch to Apple Music for a better experience ;(

igrode

I am new HomePod mini user, discovering Spotify doesn't have native support is so disappointing ... Spotify have been a bridge between all platforms users since ever! that's why I have always preferred Spotify, now this is creating distances! I don't want a world were users get segregated by their brand or OS of preference!!
Please Spotify get into this !!!