Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
x82odialj2t783oaghx1

aubbbbbbb

Peetal

2.5 years later... Spotify still doesn't care. Apple music sounds like a much better option now.

7siwzoy-ms_gg

Music quality on Apple Music is also 10x better than Spotify

FWC

bye, Spotify

rekoil

HomePod mini has now launched for purchase in Sweden, but still there's no Spotify support. Come on guys this is just petty.

x_radeon

Welp, Tesla just released Apple Music for their cars. That was the only thing still keeping me at Spotify. Guess who’s transferring their playlists to AM.

Finally I can use my HomePod as intended!

Sorry Spotify. We had a good run together. And I still think your service has the better UX and GUI.

But you guys HAD to be petty. Please don’t ever complain about Apple dominating the business again. You got your API-access and did nothing with it. Must be amusing ticking off Apple customers.

Milaan

@Spotify Whats the status here?

echonotsmith

Im literally a hair away from switching to not using spotify any longer simply because of all the bs it and apple seem to deal with. It cannot be this impossible to do something PANDORA and I heart radio already did!! I don’t understand, is this a principle thing? I was gifted two home pods recently and while I was very happy, I was instantly soured after noticing i had to use airplay to use spotify. Wont even support airplay 2 spotify!! And after the research I’ve done it seems this is an issue on Spotify’s part because its been a long time since apple has opened access for music streaming service to its speakers. I’ve been a loyal customer for years, since about 2015, but this just cannot go on…

tryingtothink
People are moving and seem very happy. I moved and no longer get drop-outs
etc. And it's nice to be able to just ask for a song and get it which is
what this was about. I presume they are doing this on purpose.
Plenty of ways to shift playlists if you have them.
I will not be wishing Mr Ek a Merry Christmas.
Mrbumps

Are we ever going to get this feature? Apple unlocked this for Spotify back in 2020 but so far nothing. Patience and commitment to a brand only go so far. Time to do something