Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Cookie1554

Pathetic Spotify, just pathetic. 

tryingtothink
Like this after 2 1/2 years and over 5 1/2 K votes. Big tech often doesn't
give a hoot. One has become used to that. But I find the pretence of giving
a hoot is something that really disturbs me.
hmzr-_txc52ql

About to switch over too. I don’t understand the hold out since Spotify doesn’t offer hardware. Seems like a no brainer. 

KyleM3

Spotify is such an awesome app and I’d hate to leave it, I think this will push me to do just that. 

MRKSB

No Homepod support and no Airplay 2 support, only support for users money...

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/08/spotify-calls-off-plans-to-support-airplay-2-frustrating-iph...

Old post, but Spotify was quick to react and promise they would support AirPlay 2, this "promise" is now 1+ year ago...

FWC

Pathetic

pangmango

I’m excited about Spotify on the HomePod!

Slim08
Don’t be! It will never happen.
pyrhockz

I just went ahead and cancelled my account (after 12 years of premium) to switch to Apple Music.  

Before homepod support I waited too long for proper WatchOS support; and I’m pretty sure the next apple thing will take years to be implemented by spotify. 

There are apps that allow to sync playlists between services that mostly work if you are patient. 

that being said I think the apple music app is far inferior to Spotify’s, and their recommendations are also less good for me. 
I’m sad to leave, but Spotify’s leaving me no choice. 

Crienexzy

does anyone know if there is an ongoing making of getting Siri to be able to start music from apple home pod? 

with apple HomePod finally available in Norway I recon many would want this feature.. don’t want to change over to Apple Music to be able to start songs with Siri. 

thanks 🥰