Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Masterstaples

Still can’t believe this hasn’t been implemented yet. Spotify has had ample time, get it together fellas. 

lordemre

+1

JustAGamer

With the new HomePod just being announced, is there any update on this? This has been a "live idea" for over two years...

nintenmav

Spotify what's the word on this? Are you ACTUALLY looking into implementing this or not? Doesn't implementing this only help your business?

Shey90

Leaving Spotify shortly if this isn’t added. Ridiculous 

Hectorfloresjr

Spotify please start thinking of your customers and stop being greedy. Yes Apple is a closed ecosystem and yes they are greedy just like you. But they beat you to it. Please stop being childish and add Siri/HomePod support. If not I will be leaving your service. By the vote count i know I’m not alone. 

MRKSB

Don’t expect any support when they are busy with their agenda to earn more money 💰 

https://wccftech.com/spotify-other-companies-eu-letter-apple-anti-competitive-practices/ 

so best practice is just to cancel the subscription and enjoy the support with Apple Music, even if the app isn’t as good as Spotify, it at least supports your devices fully

damps

Spotify will never support HomePod. Don’t be baited with this “live idea”, it’s not in their shareholders interests.

I’ve been with  Music for years and it’s been amazing to have quality sound and ease of use with the HomePod.

aleksjolk

Pretty much using apple music now as my main musing streaming service, only have spotify premium because im the spotify family host and the people in it do not wish to switch over. Important note — they are mostly android users.

Such a petty thing that Spotify will do anything besides actually competing with other services by offering relevant features, like all the recent PR and legal stuff they try and launch on apple. Meanwhile time goes on and they bleed their subscriber base to their competitor, indeed very smart. 

And although im already not using Spotify, i still care about the matter because the app and recommendations continue to beat apple’s , and i would choose Spotify again if they could offer native homepod experience.

Side note… this topic still lives on and once in a while fuels whole publications on news sites like macrumors or etc about how spotify neglects a user niche, being a bad pr, they dont even care to give us a response or perma close the topic years after…. The amount of disinterest and careless attitude towards client opinion is… lowkey disgusting 

for all these new people that get in this topic due to recent apple news, i promise, if you invest a bit of time and effort to switch to the apple music, the end experience that you end up with will overshadow your attachment to this “ignorant”  service. Cancel your subscriptio and make sure to communicate the reason you do it lack of homepod support. I believe money is the only thing they even will consider listening to. 

CurlyHairedJew

Been waiting 2 years now. I’m going to stop using spotify because they haven’t implemented homepod support - end of story!