Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
tryingtothink
Nope. And there is an ongoing total silence from the 'press'.
Mic1117

Nice stand you're taking Spotify... just pushed me to switch to Apple Music.

DesignByAdrian

Hello, I’m from the future, and, more than two years later, we still don’t have native homepod support!

What on earth are you doing, spotify?

JimmyNacho

Whelp Spotify lost another Premium Subscriber. The lack of HomePod support and lack of AirPlay 2 combined with the new UI introducing ads into my Premium Account is it for me. Best of luck fellow HomePod fans.

seem2810

I'm also waiting for a native solution for apple HomePod.
I've 4 HomePods in my house and it's annoying that Spotify doesn't provide a native solution.
I'm nearly to switch to apple music

themasterchef

I’m sure there are others like me who switch between Apple Music and Spotify because of this. If Spotify natively supported HomePod speakers, it would be a no brainer to stick with Spotify. Can’t understand why they don’t do it and stop making Apple Music an option? Spotify is the best music streaming service and Apple currently make the best hardware.

aratuluc

In a post dated 2020, it is mentioned that it will be voted upon but it still hasn't come out yet so what is the current status of it? Will it be implemented?

innerspectrum

Guys, can we please get this rolling! HomePod has been out for years now! 

Fan77Fan

What is going on🙈

petrutaraul

Hmmm. Again?

petrutaraul_0-1679685079447.png