Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
seanh22

I’m currently playing for Apple Music and Spotify Premium. I stumbled on this thread, and I’m glad to see I’m not the only one tired of waiting for Spotify to support HomePod.

cgoodermote

This is crazy that Spotify thinks AirPlay 2 will solve the feature gap. 

Implement native support for HomePod or we will be cancelling our family subscription!

mrsky
justintekkit

Still no answer from spotify? Damm come on. Its been so many months now

i9mobile

any news?

Beyhka

Because of this not being implemented, we have listened to less music at home throughout the waiting period.

Like a lot of other music lovers and listeners, my wife and I work from home and spend most of our time engaging our devices, like the tv or the three HomePods we have. And because we listened to less music, even the artists have had less returns for their work. I'm confident this has even more implications overall music industry than we can guess.

Beyond our frustrations, what Spotify is doing here is they're blocking the progression of the music industry. So many more people now work from home and a lot of them have HomePods. Imagine how many more times those songs would've been listened to if Spotify didn't act like a toddler here. Shame on you Spotify.

tryingtothink
Excellent. I’ve tried multiple times to get different people in the media
interested. To no avail. No matter how niche and dull their threads are or
how important and prestigious their mags are.

tryingtothink
Limiting artists income even more. Lovely firm.
Kermetajb1

This is insane that AirPlay 2 still isn’t supported after how long Spotify complained about fairness. Please implement this Spotify!

YoAdriano

I’ve been waiting a long time for this. I stopped using Spotify for a while, and then restarted knowing that I could use my HomePods. I restarted because Spotify offered me a 3-month trial for 10 bucks after being away. I’ve got many years of playlists and saved songs, but when this promo is done, I’m back to Apple Music unless Spotify gets it together with HomePod integration, ffs. What the **bleep** can the hold-up be? Too much $ for Rogan?