Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
ferw2

@Spotlighter "And artists/albums as in Spotify/Deezer where I only find my liked albums/artists. In Apple Music these lists are automatic and therefore contain too much/even unknown artists/albums." 

Go to Library > Edit on the top right > Add whatever you want from the list (Songs, Albums, Artists ect.)

ferw2

Pretty sad that Spotify isn't able to add this feature. It would be so easy... I started using Apple Music in November and I've subscribed for one year a few weeks ago. The UI looks so much better and as I already have multiple Apple products it actually works way smoother than Spotify all in all. I don't regret the move to Apple!

opici

Please add this feature! It seems like you really don't give a damn about homepod but still keep this thread open. Make up your mind, PLEASE! 🙂

Bryan93

After coming back from Apple Music free trial, I’d expect Spotify to support HomePod by now, but apparently not. Not being able to use HomePod how it was meant to be used is just inconvenient and not worth using Spotify when I can use other subscriptions at the same price that can support it. I’ll be switching to Deezer or Apple Music again soon.

bande
Hey Spotify, it is okay to make the yearly wrapped content less flashy to make this integration happen.
tryingtothink
I too am getting on fine with Apple Music.What t this is showing is that
Spotify is not hurting Apple. It is hurting it's own customers. And It I
presume is hurting the artists those customers follow until they switch
elsewhere. I cannot see the logic behind this.-##
bart8

Here another customer, have used apple Music for a month and my trial is done. I am at the point of canceling my  Spotify subscription. I was so happy how wel my homepod mini/siri works with apple Music. 

Spotify must understand that there is little change I come back after I go to apple Music. Apple Music works great as wel and on my devices even better than Spotify.

So after 7 years Spotify, bye bye at the end of the month. 

ppekkala

This is silly. I canceled Spotify Premium for a year for this reason and bought Apple One. Came back to Spotify around Christmas and found out that NOTHING had happened. Come on.

stefanodilegami

@SPOTIFY WE NEED THIS ASAP!!! 

FedericoVaccarono

Same here! It's absurd you have vocal support with Siri on iPhone, even in CarPlay mode and not on HomePod. Really thinking of switching to Apple Music at the end of the trial period, but rather prefer to stay with Spotify. PLEASE IMPLEMENT!