Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
ringoisadingo

Ad support for Homepod. It's ridiculous we're still at this point. I'm buying a Homepod and if Spotify isn't integrated soon, I'm going to be forced to switch to Apple Music out of sheer convenience. 

damirkotoric

Spotify... dafuq? Are you waiting for all your Apple HomePod customers to either organise a protest somewhere? Hurry. Up!

abricko

Oh look... more features we didn't ask for:

https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/02/spotify-for-ios-adds-new-only-you-feature-for-personalized-playlists-...

They're listening, they really get us!

fredsocial

This needs to be implemented.

jonlambert

I totally appreciate that integrating with HomePod or adding Apple Silicon support might involve significant technical hurdles that would be impossible for outsiders to guess at. But total silence from Spotify on the matter is the most frustrating strategy imaginable — let alone the requests to vote, or the condescending “good suggestion” classification. The absence of a reasonable response just feels like contempt. 

aftorres

Guess it's time to switch back to apple music! Bye Spotify you've had plenty of time to integrate with HomePod.

tryingtothink

I got the below reply this morning. I actually can't find the post I did that it relates to. I wonder if this one will stay on site.

Hello there.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note about your opinion for Spotify to implement native support for the HomePod. Our company values put customer requests and satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers.

We’ll be sure to let the right folks know about your request.

We're always aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue to use the app and find it gets better in the future.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Have a nice day,​​

Yana

Spotify Customer Support

tryingtothink

The post I did basically referred to the already referred to point that Spotify is taking out their issues with Apple  on their own customers 

lverg

Who else is sitting tight for Monday’s (maybe) surprise announcement? Guess hope really does die last 😅

iasix

Been following this ridiculously childish behavior for way too long already. 

You have until the last day of WWDC and if it's not supported by then I'm moving to Apple Music and so is everyone in my family. This is **bleep**ed.