Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Shortcuts Support

PREFACE:

With the release of iOS 12, iPhone users can now utilize Shortcuts to make the most of their daily routines by automating tasks and steps in both native and third party apps. Currently, the extent to which Spotify can be utilized via Shortcuts is to simply Open App.

IDEA:

I wish to see more options and a wider scope of utility of Spotify in Shortcuts to the capacity of playing specific playlists when I leave my home, and adding the current song to a new custom playlist that I can name, or even copying a song link to a tweet. I know the Shortcut app would be capable of handling a workflow along those lines but it seems it would require a bit more generosity from the Spotify app.

MODERATORS:

Please note that this is NOT the same idea requested here considering that post is requesting for "Siri Integration" not "Shortcut Support". In addition, this idea is no longer an announcement as prefaced here and is now a public feature in iOS 12 as of Monday (9/17).

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
BrooklynBen

It's 2020. How the **bleep** is this not supported? Between this and Spotify's failure to take advantage of Apple's third-party integration into HomePod, I am JustThisClose to canceling my subscription, since 2011!

Gyurmatag

It would be such a useful feature. I don't want to pull up my phone for example every time I want to add a song to my playlist when listening on my AirPods. 

Spotify, please develop this feature!

macguyzz

Spotify is cutting off its nose to spite its face.

They have a beef with Apple about payments, but are driving the customers to Apple Music which supports this feature and other iOS native features.

It would be one thing if Apple was preventing them from doing this, but Spotify is the only thing preventing itself from doing this.

zeds_ded

Come on Spotify. You don't have to wonder, if people considering to change to Apple Music.
People want to use the software in the most convenient way. And I'm sorry, but you don't offer this convencience at the moment.

This is "essential" Stuff, I mean, like my weather App is Supporting Siri Shortcuts. How is it possible, the most used app on my Phone doesn't?

I'm premium since 2015 and never ever considered a change to any other provider. Not wanted to give "extra money" to apple, when I can have the same (or better) service somewhere else.
But the easyness and comfort which spotify provided is gone or is done better by others.

This is somehow sad and annoying at the same time. But in the end, the service wich provides the best "experience" is going to get my money. And I don't know, how long this will be Spotify.

The market is so competitive, don't take your users as granted. Listen to them and give them the product with the features they want/need.

park82

Come on Spotify, you have to provide this ASAP. Don’t be foolish. 

xms

This request is over 2 years old and still nothing. It's like Spotify doesn't care. A lot of people already pay for Apple One and have Apple Music included, why would they stick with Spotify?

mike4902
I left Spotify because they are not meeting my needs.
peerfineer

I gave a spoken siri command to "shuffle <playlist> playlist in spotify", and then turned that voice command (which pops up in the siri suggestions) into a shortcut, as well as an automation when connecting to Carplay. Does the job. For me.

iamc0rnholio

Did they say why they’re not planning on supporting this feature?

FreeeG

Nearly 3000 votes now. Think an update is the least effort Spotify could lay down on this topic.