Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Shortcuts Support

PREFACE:

With the release of iOS 12, iPhone users can now utilize Shortcuts to make the most of their daily routines by automating tasks and steps in both native and third party apps. Currently, the extent to which Spotify can be utilized via Shortcuts is to simply Open App.

IDEA:

I wish to see more options and a wider scope of utility of Spotify in Shortcuts to the capacity of playing specific playlists when I leave my home, and adding the current song to a new custom playlist that I can name, or even copying a song link to a tweet. I know the Shortcut app would be capable of handling a workflow along those lines but it seems it would require a bit more generosity from the Spotify app.

MODERATORS:

Please note that this is NOT the same idea requested here considering that post is requesting for "Siri Integration" not "Shortcut Support". In addition, this idea is no longer an announcement as prefaced here and is now a public feature in iOS 12 as of Monday (9/17).

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Sonnenkind

Why is this rated as „not right now“? I have a strong feeling that Spotify has chosen to ignore the „voice of the customer“ completely. This won‘t push me towards Spotify smart speakers or other services. It will rather push me away from Spotify. Which is sad. I really want to support Spotify. But not at any cost for me...

ZJack

Please consider this!

guinascimento07

It’s a shame that we still don’t have it working on Spotify. Even YouTube Music has it.

brycetwyman

Really disappointing to see no progress has been made on this issue.

mayfl0wers

Similar ideas have been posted in tens of what I’m looking for, but I think this is multiple birds, one stone solution. 

By adding Spotify to Shortcuts access, users will be able to create the solutions to various problems/requests such as:

• ability to auto play playlists
  • ability to use Spotify for alarms
  • ability to ease integration between multiple apps during busiest parts of users day

We obviously believe Spotify’s interface and metrics to be superior to Apple Music, but the accessibility provided by the latter (plus a lower price point!) does drastically increase its appeal. I believe this is easily in the company’s reach and would be a blanket solution to multiple requests. 

31fl4a7c25pluaz

Please consider this! I use Shortcuts automation in daily basis I really wait for this for a long time.

jtylerhartley

I use shortcuts and automations a lot so it would be great to see Spotify add this feature!

joshiest

What an absolute shame that Spotify does not care about their users. 

liam_best

I've worked around this by using Apple Music as part of my shortcuts, but it's disappointing this is still not implemented after being posted in 2018.

I'm a long time Spotify user, but I'm finding more and more that the technology lags behind the competition.

byDezign_

I split it into two systems, 

If you just need to open a playlist you can use the open.spotify.com/playlist URL format.

If you want to control it, I use IFTTT and a webhook as my second action.

So Automation opens spotify (without asking my permission) and then the automation URL request triggers the spotify API to play