Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Music keeps un-downloading

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue 

I am soon unsubscribing to this app. I’m paying money for the premium and my songs keep un-downloading. This has happened at least 3 times or more now in the past year. Soon as I get some play list I like, I’ll go into the app on a day where I’m out of service and don’t have data. All the songs will be gone, unable to play because the download erased. Very very frustrating. Seeing how I’m paying for that service and not getting it. 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this and providing us all the relevant info. 

We've passed your details on to our developers and they have already rolled out several improvements to fix the experience reported. 

We are aware that some users do still experience issues with their downloads, but our tech teams weren't able to reproduce it and this seems to be affecting specific devices or setups, so we're unable to find a solution remotely.

We're continuously improving the app and optimizing it, so we recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't guarantee this will fix the issue.

For now, we'd like to provide some steps which we hope might help:

• Check out the steps on our support page here
  • Try disabling WiFi assist
  • Check for any settings that could affect the Spotify background data
  • Change the quality of the downloads in the Spotify app

We’d also recommend you try a clean reinstall, which will remove any corrupt data from your device. Just a heads-up, this will remove all your downloads and you'll have to download everything again for offline listening.

Comments
Daidin

Sounds like your Tech Teams don't actually know what they're doing.  Maybe employ better Techs?

gtspopoj

how the eff does this have a "wont fix" status? what kind of organization leaves users hanging out to dry like this?

when, "works for me" is your techs response, find better techs.

This happens on *all* my devices so i don't buy your garbage excuse. 

What I (soon) will buy is your competitor's service.

Halify

So it's not just my device then.

This has been happening to me i'm on my second download alone this week.

justfixtheissue

What a shame!!!!! 

What a shame!!!!!

iPhone 12 with fresh install: removing downloaded songs.

Tell your tech team to download 1.000 songs and see how they disappear. 

GO DEEZER AND YOUTUBE MUSIC!

CAlbertSM

It's insane you just decided to not look into this anymore, this issue has been persisting since pretty much 2015 at least, you are blaming your users for the poor experience of your app saying "we were unable to reproduce" more like "we don't care and we don't want to fix this" hundreds of posts and proofs and you say "lack of information"??

What a shitty customer  service.

Daidin

It's crazy that my music keeps un-downloading and offensive that Spotify considers this to be a User problem because Spotify Techs cannot reproduce it.

Appleisbetter1

Still experiencing this, think I’m gonna have to make a switch to Apple Music soon because Spotify is so bad lately, I can’t even share music with my AirPods anymore with Spotify. 
Terrible platform. 

Daidin

Back again just to register that my library has un-downloaded itself so  the issue still isn't fixed and it's driving me crazy.  AND, the library has been "updated" to make our listening experience more enjoyable!!!  I think not.

Back to re-downloading 600 albums...again!!!  I've forgotten how many times I've done this.  Does Spotify tech, Management or even Daniel Ek even ever read this forum?   

The company certainly doesn't seem to have a problem charging us Premier Users for a key feature that brought us to Spotify.  Playing music off-line.  And, of course, no talk of refund.  Probably because, (I don't know whether to laugh or cry here) Spotify asserts it's the customer's fault.   It shouldn't be my responsibility to be constantly putting a band-aid on Spotify.     Basically Spotify is saying we must too stupid to use their App because their tech team can't recreate the problem. 

Nuff said!!                             

amd

Spotify don't care. They've as good as said that when they changed the status of this problem to 'won't fix'. Never in my life have I come across such a blatant disregard by a company for it's customers. Anyway, what did we expect? They pay artists peanuts and make a fortune off their music. They clearly don't care about them, so why would they care about us?

mauro_silva

all music previously download gone.

the app is downloading all 157 tracks again. however, it is take too long and for days of downloading never ends.

"Downloading 1 out 158 (1% complete)"

thanks